PT Michael Page Internasional Indonesia and its offices, branches and related companies is part of the PageGroup PLC an international human recruitment consulting services group of companies (“PageGroup” or “we”, “our” or “us”).
We are committed to ensuring that when we collect, use and otherwise process data about visitors (“you”) to our websites, we do so in accordance with (i) Law No. 11 of 2008 as amended by Law No. 19 of 2016 on Electronic Data and Transactions (“EIT Law”) (ii) Government Regulation No. 82 of 2012 on the Implementation of Electronic Systems and Transactions (“GR 82”) (iii) Minister of Communication and Informatics (“MOCI”) Regulation No. 20 of 2016 on Personal Data Protection in Electronic Systems (“MOCI Regulation 20”) (together, “Data Protection Regulations”).
- Collection of Personal Data
We collect personal data of our employees, potential employees, clients, suppliers, business contacts, shareholders and website users.
PageGroup may collect data about you (collectively “your personal data”) such as your name, contact details, skills, qualifications, accreditations and your employment history. We may also collect other types of personal data about you such as references and employment objectives during the course of our dealing with you. For example, if you are considered for a particular employment position. Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect your personal data and the consequences of not providing it will be made clear to you at the time of collection of your personal data.
When you visit our websites, we may collect data you gave us when:
- registering or subscribing to our products and services or requesting further products and services from us on any of our websites;
- contacting us to report a problem with our websites or to make any enquiry or query or comment; and
- you apply online for a job or work with PageGroup. You may need to provide (without limitation) data about your education, employment history and accreditations. The submission of your application to us constitutes your express consent to our use, retention and processing of your personal data to, among others, accesses your application and to allow us to carry out any reference checking and other related activities as may be required of us under any applicable law. PageGroup may also collect your personal data from publicly available data and records and third parties.
PageGroup may also collect data from public record and third parties.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
- to provide, or facilitate the delivery of, our products and services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV generally, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our products and services (including, but not limited to, Job Alerts or MyPage);
- to match your qualification, experience details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and, where you have provided your prior consent as a candidate, to send your personal data to clients in order to apply for jobs for you;
- to provide clients with data about you during an assignment or placement, including qualifications, licenses, checks (including sensitive data checks, where you have consented), migration status and other personal data you have provided to us;
- to contact any reference from details provided by you for the purpose of PageGroup placing you with a client;
- to communicate with you, including answering your inquiries;
- to market and promote products and services to you, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other data. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may unsubscribe from such communications at anytime;
- to different parts of the PageGroup worldwide to enable the development and marketing of other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you, including tailoring our website when you log on to make it relevant to you personally;
- to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide products or services that you have requested, such as psychometric evaluations or skills tests, and to third parties who provide services to us, such as professional advisers, IT consultants, mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties must comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as PageGroup;
- if PageGroup merges with or is acquired by another business, we may share your personal data with the new owners of the business and their advisers and if this happens, you will be notified of such an event;
- we may also disclose your personal data if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or where we are otherwise permitted by data privacy law;
- to meet or comply with any legal, regulatory or statutory requirements relating to our provision of products and services and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, legislation, rule, ruling, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code (collectively “laws”) applicable to us;
- for research, benchmarking and statistical analysis; and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for any other purpose or reason not listed above or permitted under the privacy laws or other applicable laws.
- Sharing of Personal Data
While your personal data will be kept confidential, in certain circumstances, it may be necessary for us to provide or disclose your personal data if required for any of the foregoing purposes. Where we do so, we would merely disclose data that is necessary for the purpose of such disclosure.
We may share your personal data with the following categories of persons (who may be located within or outside Indonesia), such as entities within the PageGroup including all related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies and associated companies, our affiliates, licensees, joint venture partners; our sub-contractors and service or product providers in connection with our products or services; and anybody or person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under any laws or in response to any competent or government, state, provincial, local government, statutory or municipal authority, industry regulators, law enforcement authority, agency or body.
- Privacy on Our Websites
- Submitting Your Curriculum Vitae ("CV") and Applying for Jobs
You may submit your CV to PageGroup via this website, either for general consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they arise or to apply for a specific advertised job. Once submitted, your CV will be sent directly to the relevant PageGroup recruitment consultant who will review your details and advise you whether you will be accepted by us for registration on our central database. This database, including your personal data, can be accessed by any of our recruitment consultants working in other offices of the PageGroup, both inside and outside Malaysia. If you are accepted onto our database, our recruitment consultants will then contact you to set up an interview in person. You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure as for submitting a new CV via our websites.
- Job Alerts
You may sign up to receive emails that alert you to new jobs on our website (Job Alerts). To subscribe to Job Alerts, you need to provide your email address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed by email of the latest jobs and/or news in your nominated industry. If you no longer wish to receive Job Alerts, you may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe links provided in every Job Alert email that you receive.
- Aggregate Data About Website Visitors
We gather data and statistics about all visitors to this website and all of our websites worldwide, including the most frequently accessed pages and most frequently used products and services. We only use such data in aggregate form (that is, the data does not identify any one individual). This data helps us determine the most beneficial parts of our websites and ways in which we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We also publish some of this aggregate (non-identifiable) data on the PageGroup websites worldwide.
- Data Transfer across International Borders
PT Michael Page Internasional Indonesia is part of the PageGroup of companies which operates globally. Certain aspects of PageGroup infrastructure are centralised including information technology services provided to member companies. In addition, our services (to clients) may span more than jurisdiction, certain information will be accessed by all those within the PageGroup organisations. Therefore, your personal data may be shared and transferred and stored outside of the country which you are located. This includes countries outside of European Economic Area (EEA) and countries with laws that have not necessarily been determined to provide adequate level of protection for the processing of personal date under the laws of EU or other jurisdictions.
We have taken appropriate and legal precautions to safeguard the safety and integrity of personal data that is transferred within the PageGroup organisations. In addition, we have in place an intra-group data transfer agreement containing model clauses approved by the European Commission which permit cross-border transfers of personal data from within the EEA to third countries outside the EEA, (as data protection laws outside the EEA may not provide an equivalent level of protection to EEA data protection laws), (“Model Clauses”). If you would like a copy of the Model Clauses, please contact us.
Where we need to transfer personal data from any PageGroup company outside the EEA to another PageGroup company outside the EEA for the purposes set out above, we will comply with any local law transfer requirements.
PageGroup maintain organizational, physical and technical security arrangements for all the personal data we hold. We have protocols, controls and relevant policies, procedures and guidance to maintain these arrangements taking into account the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the processing we undertake.
The ways we do this include:
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the data we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your data to carry out our business activities are allowed access and committee members only have access to the contact details of members of their own committee and not other committees);
- requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal data secure; and
- putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards.
- Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. We maintain specific records management and retention policies and procedures, so that personal data are deleted after a reasonable time according to the following retention criteria:
- we retain your data as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you (in particular, if you have an account with us);
- we will only keep the data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide services to you;
- we retain your data for as long as needed in order to comply with our global legal and contractual obligations. If we no longer require your personal data and are not legally required to retain it, MichaelPage will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal data.
- Website Links
- Privacy Rights
You may request access to, and correction of, your personal data held at PageGroup or request that your personal data be updated or deleted by contacting the PageGroup Privacy Officer as set out below. We may ask to verify your identity and for more data about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and give you our reasons for doing so. For instance, where you request your personal data to be updated or corrected and there is a dispute about the facts, we will make a note on your personal data of such dispute. If you have created an account with PageGroup via our website, you are able to view and update any data by logging into your account.
You may also request that PageGroup stop using your personal data and contacting you and we will comply with your request (for example if at any time you would prefer to stop receiving newsletters and updates from us, please use the “unsubscribe” option included in the email or other communication material). However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds data about our clients. We reserve the right to charge an administrative fee for any data access and correction requests.
At PageGroup we aim to acknowledge receipt of your complaint as soon as possible and commit to resolve all complaints no later than 30 days. However, there may be instances where this is not possible due to the contents of the complaint. In such circumstances, we will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time. You may wish to contact the Ministry of Communication and Data (“Menkominfo”) if you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint.
Contact details: [email protected]:
PT Michael Page Internasional Indonesia
One Pacific Place
Level 11, Sudirman Central Business District
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53
Jakarta 12190 Indonesia
Tel +62 21 2958 8800