- Unique position to set up first global operationally carbon-neutral factory
- Located in Binh Duong province
About Our Client
The LEGO® Group is building a new factory in Vietnam to support our long-term growth and bring play to more children!
The factory is planned to be the company's first operationally carbon neutral factory and will include investments in solar energy generation. An investment of more than US 1 billion, the factory will be built on a 44 hectare site located in Binh Duong Province and expected to create up to 4000 jobs.
LEGO® Manufacturing Vietnam intends to run learning through play activities for children in the local area and their playful factory tours will inspire children to go into STEM and advanced careers. The physical workplace will help employees understand how they contribute to making a difference in their local community and feel proud.
This Vice President position will ensure the factory operates at its optimum level and is quickly up to pace with the market needs. The role will report directly to the SVP & GM of Asia Manufacturing.
Heading up LEGO new manufacturing site in Binh Duong, the role will:
- Partner with a dedicated construction team from the early construction phases through to completion
- Ensure that manufacturing capabilities are developed according to both local labour market and company standards
- Build and train the brand new organization from the ground up, with support from resources and experience at LEGO® other global locations
- Develop a team that operates to the same high standards and values, consistent across LEGO® organization.
This position also provides strategic and day to day leadership to the employees and business processes of LEGO Manufacturing Vietnam. Acting as a key member of the Asia Manufacturing leadership team, this individual is responsible for the achievement of the Key Performance Indicators set by the company, which include but are not limited to:
- Timely delivery of its products and other customer satisfaction metrics
- Cost reduction/efficiency improvement and other measures of financial performance and operational efficiency
- Quality, safety, health and environmental company policy and regulatory compliance
- The selection, development, retention, and direction of all employees to achieve and sustain a high performance, customer focused, safe, and inclusive workplace
- Managing and leading all elements of LEGO Manufacturing Vietnam operations activities, including Production, Quality, Process Optimization and Procurement
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate is a talented individual with proven track records of success from a reputable manufacturing and production company. Other requirements include:
- Developed experience and a strong track record on business performance and leadership in a similar position in a modern manufacturing environment
- Previous leadership experience and track record with building teams and capabilities
- Strong experience to work collaboratively in matrix organizations, role modeling processes and governance
- Tactful communication skills with maturity in managing governmental relationships to enable smooth operation
What's on Offer
This is a remarkable opportunity for candidate to expand the local knowledge and potentially become a future regional leader.
Competitive executive package including attractive compensation and benefits (family care leave, insurances, wellness, and bonus). When goals are reached, you'll be rewarded through an exceptional global bonus scheme.
The LEGO® Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Their key values of brand framework includes: Imagination - Creativity - Fun - Learning - Caring - Quality.