Supplier Quality Manager (Furniture) - Jepara
Excellent career progression
opportunities to work directly with the CEO
About Our Client
Our client is a French-Indonesia furniture company currently based in Semarang, Indonesia. They manufacture and sell traditional handwork furniture made by highly skilled artisans in woodcarving. Due to their business expansion, they are looking for a hands-on Supplier Quality Manager who is able to manage a sizeable Quality team and also provide continuous improvement in quality flow and process.
Reporting to the CEO, the candidate will be responsible for the Supplier Quality of raw materials that go to the plant and to organize all material suppliers and to maintain quality. In addition, the candidate must be a natural leader who is able to multi-task and to lead the Quality team to grow within a changing environment.
- Manage a growing team of 50 - 100 quality staffs
- Manage quality issues and warehouse to ensure on time, accurate and complete delivery of finished goods and that customer requirements are met.
- Create a strong relationships with all local suppliers of materials and services related to the manufacturing of the products
- Manage warehouse operation to ensure that for storing, reconditioning and distributing finished goods
- Use Continuous Improvement (CI) or Lean Initiatives to study flow production and improve production performance, output efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have a very strong Supplier Quality experience ideally in furniture industry. The candidate must be able to work effectively under pressure, exercise good judgment, and capable to train and coach staffs.
Other requirements include:
- 8 - 15 years' relevant quality management experience, including at least 5 years' management experience of a sizeable team
- Preferably a candidate with experience working with furniture manufacturing company or coming from automotive industry
- Technical degree or equivalent, plus 6-8 years' experience in Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, best practice manufacturing practices
- Willing to be based in Semarang and Jepara, Indonesia
What's on Offer
- Unsurpassed opportunities to work directly with the CEO and be part of the management team
- Attractive remuneration package