Senior Production Manager - Furniture Manufacturer (Semarang)
Great opportunity to be part of a growing company
Excellent remuneration package and benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a French-Indonesia furniture company currently based in Semarang, Indonesia. They manufacture and sell traditional handwork furniture made by highly skilled artisans in woodcarving. Due to their business expansion, they are looking for a hands-on Senior Production Manager who is able to manage a sizeable production team and also provide continuous improvement in production flow and process.
Reporting to the CEO, the candidate will be responsible to optimize the general productivity of the plant, to organize all material suppliers and to maintain quality of manufactured goods. In addition, the candidate must be a natural leader who is able to multi-task and to lead the production team to grow within a changing environment.
Other job responsibilities include:
- Manage a growing team of 200 - 300 staffs
- Manage daily production schedules and warehouse to ensure on time, accurate and complete delivery of finished goods and that customer requirements are met.
- Create a strong relationships with all local suppliers of materials and services related to the manufacturing of the products
- Manage warehouse operation to ensure that for storing, reconditioning and distributing finished goods
- Use Continuous Improvement (CI) or Lean Initiatives to study flow production and improve production performance, output efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have a very strong production experience ideally in furniture industry. The candidate must be able to work effectively under pressure, exercise good judgment, and capable to train and coach staffs.
Other requirements include:
- 8 - 15 years' relevant production management experience, including at least 5 years' management experience of a sizeable team
- Preferably a candidate with experience working with furniture manufacturing company or coming from automotive industry
- Technical degree or equivalent, plus 6-8 years' experience in Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, best practice manufacturing practices
- Willing to be based in Semarang, Indonesia
What's on Offer
Unsurpassed opportunities to work directly with the CEO and be part of the management team
Attractive remuneration package