- International exposure
- Senior level position
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Global Financial Services player
The candidate will be responsible for handling a wide range of legal matters, in servicing the legal needs of the company in Indonesia. The candidate will work closely with management, functions and businesses in the provision of legal advice and support. The candidate will be required to be proactively engaged in the management of legal risk, creation of standard documentation and in legal and regulatory projects.Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing general legal and transactional advisory support to various business lines, including corporate banking, structured finance and global markets business. Acting as the senior lawyer responsible for the legal coverage of the fixed income and derivatives business in Indonesia.
- Working closely with territory management, participating in and contributing to relevant management committees and meetings.
- Reviewing and drafting documents relating to various banking and financing transactions, including account opening, loan facility and security documentation, Transaction Banking documentation (Cash Management and Trade Services), e-banking, product term sheets and confirmations, subscription agreements, custodian agreements, distribution agreements, service agreements, recovery, restructuring and workouts and other transaction-related documentation, IT and Administration/facilities Vendor Agreements
- Preparing and reviewing the POAs to ensure the authorization regime is in accordance with the regional guidelines and also with the local requirements.
- Formulating, drafting and reviewing standard legal documentation, templates and related guidelines, policies and procedure notes.
- Managing restructuring, actual and potential litigation and disputes, and insolvency matters.
- Monitoring the development of relevant laws and regulations and updating of legal know-how in respect of products and services in Indonesia.
- Working closely with management, business teams and other functions, providing them with legal assistance in their day-to-day work.
- Working closely with management and business line to opine on the new products and services to be launched by the bank.
- Providing legal advice and support as required in relation to other general legal matters and other legal projects.
The candidate will be expected to conduct these tasks in compliance with and in full respect of company's policies and guidelines. A primary focus is effectively managing key legal risk through appropriate levels of control. The candidate will be expected to coordinate closely with other lawyers across APAC and globally on regional and global matters and projects.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Sound knowledge of Indonesia banking law and regulations and relevant experience in banking and loan transactions. Experience in derivatives product documentation.
- Knowledge of Indonesia legal and regulatory regime in respect of capital markets products would be an advantage.
- Willing to assume high levels of responsibility. Ability to work independently, deal with a robust and demanding internal client base including by handling multiple matters simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines when required.
- Flexibility and ability to handle a broad spectrum of work and to establish new structures and templates.
- Candidate must be able to identify and analyse legal risks and issues quickly, be responsive and provide comprehensive solutions.
- Good transaction structuring and drafting skills.
- Solution focused mind-set but with a firm legal integrity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with individuals at all levels of seniority and from different cultures. Candidate must be a team player with an ability to work closely and constructively with colleagues across the region.
- Lawyer qualified to practice in Indonesia
Well-trained from leading law firm or top institution, with minimum 8 years' post-qualification experience in general banking
What's on Offer
- Attractive benefit package
- International exposure