Senior Data Scientist - Fintech
Ownership in configuring algorithms
Develop a Machine Learning (ML) system
About Our Client
One of the first publicly listed FinTech companies owned by a multinational firm. Equipped with the latest data analytic and technological platform, they leverage big data to create unconventional data credit scoring. They deliver in a fast and convenient manner while aiming to stay at the forefront of financial inclusion agenda year to year.
- Gather, manage and scrub data collected from various ad and analytic platforms, to be used as training and test data to develop the ML System
- Collaborate with the Data Engineer and other Business Unit Leads to determine the system technical and functional specification
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Enhance our data infra, analyze large, complex datasets into actionable insights
- Use data to solve complex problems which are pivotal to our business
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms,such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Data-oriented personality and has passion in big data
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills to create data-driven insights
- Preferably Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, computer science, statistics, engineering and related major.
- Knows programming language (e.g. R, Java, Python)
Plus point if you have
- Experience in Google Cloud platform and pipeline
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Klipfolio, GGplot, etc.
- Past participation in Kaggle or other platform data
What's on Offer