Senior Buyer- Medan (Seafood Processing)
Opportunity for regional assignment
Good career progression within the company
About Our Client
Our client is the world's largest producer of Tilapia. They only source the finest Tilapia at various locations around the globe, with Indonesia as a prominent source of their products. They are looking for the right talent to join their dynamic team to expand their North Sumatra operations as Senior Buyer in Medan.
- Conduct strategic supplier selection activities to procure quality raw and packaging materials at the best possible price and payment terms.
- Develop suppliers relationships and leverage the relationship for negotiation purposes
- Manage supplier relations according to category strategy and company policy
- Conduct supplier bidding and contracting process
- Ensure the process of procurement materials and services at the best possible price and conditions.
- Co-operates with requester to keep specifications open and clear so as to invite competition. Make suggestion wherever possible on material substitution and deviation in quality or specification, which could reduce cost.
- Identify, develop and propose sources, solicit suppliers, receive quotations and bids. Undertake negotiation of orders, follow-up, schedule and expedite deliveries.
- Prepare the documents of procurement process such as inquiry, quotations, comparison price table and other references document before getting the necessary approval.
- Work with engineering, service maintenance, planning, logistic/ warehouse, local finance, and quality to ensure specifications of materials and equipment is provided on-time.
- Secure and process necessary documentation to support the approval of supplier invoices as required by purchase order.
- Ensure supplier documentation, including engineering, calculations, drawings, schedules and instructions/manuals, insurance guarantees, etc. are received in accordance with purchase order and safely stored and distributed.
- Comply with Company, Ethic of Conduct, and procedures and act within limits of delegated authority.
- Monitor, evaluate and follow up the existing suppliers service performance.
- Make arrangement and info schedule of FAT to Requester (if any).
- Co-ordinates with Finance Dept. regarding down payment, L/C, bank guarantee, etc.
- Support Country Procurement & Supply Chain Manager to prepare monthly reports
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum Diploma Degree in any discipline, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as buyer, preferably in animal
- Strong communication and knowledge of commercial negotiation.
- Ability to influence with others with effective interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office package especially Excel and word.
- Good team work and fast learner.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity for regional assignment
- Good career progression within the company
- Competitive remuneration package will be given to the right candidate