R&D Manager (Flavor & Essential Oil)
Strong learning culture
Good Career Path
About Our Client
Our client has been around in the market and is expanding its business worldwide. A company with strong brands and a fully committed suppliers with great relationship with its customers.
This person is responsible for (but not limited to):
- To be able to create new flavors and reformulate existing flavors.
- Understand raw materials and their characteristics such as essential oils, plant extracts, aroma chemical, natural flavors and artificial ingredients.
- Manage the R&D team (> 5 people)
- Advise commercial team on application
- Strong in technical aspect
- Trouble shooting and evaluating of existing products for improvements.
- To provide reports on product development.
- Recommending suitable products that meet the requirements from distributors / customers that are in line with the company's strategy.
- Oversee applications of new flavours into finished products.
- Manage project enquiries.
- Liaise with the operation Manager to ensure proper supervision and training are provided to the production team when new products are produced.
- To advise on the standards of quality and the specifications necessary to produce and in accordance with the Food Safety System requirements.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must possess :
- University education or post graduate education in Food Science / Technology or any equivalent field.
- Min 10 years of experience in R&D field in food industry.
- Knowledge or specific business understanding
- Knowledge in finished products and raw materials applications such as : Instant food, noodle, seasoning, RTD and many others.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge in Food Safety System and other related compliance and certification requirements.
- Experience in Flavour or speciality ingredient industry is an advantage.
- Meticulous, detailed oriented and organised.
- Able to coordinate R&D staff, management and local authorities.
What's on Offer
- Great salary and benefit
- Strong career path
- Learning culture