Plant Manager/ Director - East Java
High impact, high visibility management role
Senior Plant role with leading MNC
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global supplier of material and product for various engineering application in renewable energy, industrial equipment and general manufacturing sector. Continuing their growth in South East Asia particularly in Indonesia, the client is seeking to hire a new Plant Manager/Director to provide technical leadership to further support their plant expansion and production growth.
Reporting functionally to Global Operations Manager in Europe with close collaboration with the local partners, the Plant Manager is responsible for daily production output, product quality and on-time delivery. In addition, the candidate must be able to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes including production planning, manufacturing policies and identification of future problems and its solutions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Achieve objectives as laid out by the organization such as direct or indirect operations such as daily output, quality, waste, safety, sanitation and operational cost.
- Visit the plant floor frequently to coordinate and monitor production, direct the resolution of production delays, and oversee other production related issues.
- Work closely with Directors and Managers of other Business Units such as Quality Assurance (QA), Procurement, Human Resources, Supply Chain, in order to plan and coordinate production
- Implement strategies agreed in alignment with strategic initiatives from global and local needs while providing a clear sense of direction and focus among the subordinates.
- To develop skills amongst the subordinates through training and demonstrations to make them able to adopt technological advancements such as SAP/ERP system.
- To ensure safe working conditions and environmental protection.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have very strong talent management (a team above 100 people), technical leadership with strong communication and conflict resolving skills. The candidate must be able to articulate his/her plan on running a business and process improvement with the top level and subordinates.
- 10 - 15 years of relevant experience in production management preferably in composite material or processed raw material.
- Must have a technical degree preferably Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing.
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, supplier quality and inventory.
- Strong leadership experience coupled with people development skills.
- Familiarity with import export regulations and custom compliance for composite material in Indonesia.
- Excellent communication skills in the English language.
- Must be willing to be based in East Java
What's on Offer
- Unsurpassed opportunity to influence at the highest levels in the industry.
- Attractive opportunity to influence at the highest levels in the organization.