Operations Manager, Indonesia - Renewable Energy Provider
Senior level assignment.
Be part of the company's international expansion.
About Our Client
Our client is an investment manager with dedicated private equity funds focused on renewable energy investments in Asia and Africa. The funds are active in over 7 markets in Asia and Africa, with a project portfolio that includes solar, wind, biomass and hydro assets. Indonesia is a core focus market with current investments in hydropower, biomass and solar energy. They are now seeking an Operations Manager to work across our investments in Indonesia, to be based in Jakarta.
Based in Jakarta and reporting to the Asia Head of Operations, the candidate will manage a portfolio that includes the day-to-day management of Hydro/Solar power generation facilities across Indonesia, project lead from the technical due diligence and general financial and compliance management. Other key requirements include the following:
- Maintain strong interactions with grid operators, external Consultants, Operators, Technicians and other local relationships
- Manage day to day activities of projects companies.
- Supervise field coordination and execution of maintenance and repairs for all operating facilities
- Conduct field inspections of plants, stations, or substations to ensure normal and safe operating conditions
- Prepare and execute plant operational budgets and support the budgeting processes with the Finance Department.
- Ensure plant resources achieve annual goals and objectives for Power Generation business segment.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must technical expertise in conventional plant operations and maintenance with a clear understanding of the key drivers for safety, reliable, cost effective and compliant plant operations. Other requirements include:
- Minimum 8 - 10 years working experience in technical management of generation facilities.
- Proven track record preferable in hydropower projects
- Good network among the EPC contractors, Technicians and Consultants for civil work in Indonesia
- Willingness to travel within Indonesia 60% of the time
- Financial management skills with the ability to develop and manage operational budgets
- University degree in electromechanical engineering or other relevant engineering degree
- Must show enthusiasm, entrepreneurial skills and analytical mindset with significant experience in developing hydropower plants in Indonesia
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English is a must
What's on Offer
- Senior role in the plant in a start-up operations
- Growth opportunities to manage the entire Indonesia operations