MIS Manager - NGO
Client is a Non-profit Organisation (NGO)
Career advancement opportunity
About Our Client
The NGO body was established in 2004 within the grounds of the Indonesian Police Academy in Semarang, Central Java by the Governments of Australia and Indonesia, to support the development of Indonesian and Regional transnational crime prevention capability through the delivery of professional training opportunities and capacity development activities and projects. Our client is registered as a not-for-profit organization under Indonesian Law and is jointly managed by Government personnel from the Indonesian National Police and the Australian Federal Police.
Manage the day-to-day ICT operations of the organization including but not limited to audio & visual (AV) systems, network, servers, training systems, computers & laptops, and telephony ensuring the availability of required services for staff and guests.
- Manage the day-to-day work of the Helpdesk contractor and any other vendors ensuring that their activities are being undertaken to a high standard and in accordance with established contracts/scope of services.
- Coordinate the accurate logging and subsequent reporting of outages, helpdesk callouts, program-related ICT work, asset movement and expenditure etc.
- Work closely with the Event management Team to ensure an accurate understanding of ICT needs for scheduled programs.
- Proactively provide advice to the Head of Support Services regarding risks to the delivery ICT services and proactively provide recommendations to mitigate those risks.
- Watch for and report any operational and maintenance problems to the relevant Facilities team ensuring that issues relevant to ICT infrastructure are resolved and rectified expeditiously and without delay. Escalate delays to Head of Support Services where/as required to enable issues to be escalated for corrective action.
- Act as the day-to-day point of contact for the Head of Support Services and JCLEC management on all ICT related matters
Establish and maintain protocols that ensure that all aspects of ICT operations are undertaken to a high standard and keep pace with emerging technology trends as may benefit staff and guests.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) and guidelines to support the effective delivery of ICT services to staff and guests.
- Develop and maintain protocols that support effective back-up systems and network security.
- Institutionalize the knowledge of newly created and updated standard operating procedures through the delivery of effective training to relevant staff, as required, and through the creation of a directory of current policies and procedures.
- Direct, develop and mentor ICT staff members.
- Maintain effective relationships and communication with the extended community.
Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Support Services Team and its staff
- Be proactive in identifying problems and potential improvements within the organization, even when they may occur outside of your immediate team.
- Demonstrate flexibility and team work through a willingness to assist and work with others on tasks that may technically fall outside of the scope of your role.
- Contribute to the successful planning and implementation of internal projects as a project stakeholder, as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Mandatory: minimum of 5 years' experience working as an IT Manager / Coordinator or in a similar coordinating role.
- Mandatory: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field.
- Preferred: ITIL Certification or IT Project Management Certification.
- Highly preferred: experience working in a bi-lingual and cross-cultural environment.
- Highly preferred: experience managing personnel.
- Bi-lingual, both conversationally and in writing - Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware and software systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to prioritise and juggle multiple responsibilities and deadlines.
- Positive relationship management with an ability to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders including management, external contractors and staff.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to create an impact in the Regional transnational crime prevention space
- Improve the regional transactional crime prevention space between nations!