Merchandising Planning Manager South East Asia-Boardriders Bali
Joining the world's leading lifestyle company
Attractive remuneration package
About Our Client
Boardriders, Inc., is the world's leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company's apparel and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young‐minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company's Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Xcel, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. With approximately 10,000 team members globally, the Company's products are sold in more than 110 countries in a wide range of distribution, including surf shops, skate shops, snow shops, its proprietary Boardriders stores and other Company‐owned retail stores, select department stores and through various e‐ commerce channels.
- Provides performance analysis and insights at the Regional Hindsight Meeting
- Provides support in sales planning process to ensure a cross functional approved plan
- Provides regional input during the setting of globalization targets and channel specific strategies
- Reviews and maintains store consumer profiles. ie "Who is the customer shopping in store?"
- Reviews and updates store grading and store clusters as necessary
- Reviews the category plans for all brands to ensure alignment to performance targets
- Reviews the line plans for all brands to ensure alignment to performance targets
- Sets the localization plans and identifies regional assortment needs
- Determines retail flow timing for the season
- Sets the seasonal allocation plan and ensures adherence to the strategy
- Sets the open to buy targets
- Directs the allocation team regarding new flow releases, replenishment, pull-backs and transfers
- Monitors store inventory levels weekly and directs unit increases or decreases based on business performance and capacity
- Manages the life cycle of product in the business, from first price through to clearance.
- Ensures product achieves maximum gross margin within product life cycle.
- Ensures regional cadence to the global milestones seasonally
- Sets the foundation for a collaborative planning environment
- Provides a strong commercial influence over product & inventory decisions
- Operates under the agreed values of the company at all times
Key Performance Metrics
- Sales Targets - Ensure the business achieves sales targets
- Closing Gross Margin - Ensure that the business achieves our closing gross margin targets through management of the product life cycle.
- Inventory - Months cover targets are achieved by brand in total and by category
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of work experience in Merchandise Planning
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a fast paced, multi-channel, multi-brand global environment.
- Experience working within South East Asia (Indonesia preferable)
- Experience leading an organization that resides in multiple locations (EMEA, US, APAC)
- Proven ability to build, train and develop team with high degree of accountability
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and lead team through change
- Ability to influence key stakeholders to make sound commercial decisions
- Drives change across the organization
- Delivers performance by seeking true business transformation with an accelerated pace
- Strong Excel skills
What's on Offer
- Young and vibrant working environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Joining the world's leading action sport and lifestyle company