Managing Director - SGS (Bangladesh)
Top global player in the testing, verification and certification industry
Excellent opportunity for individuals with track record in emerging markets
About Our Client
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, SGS is the world's leading testing, verification and certification company and is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees worldwide, SGS operates a network of 1800 offices and laboratories around the world.
Reporting to the COO, you will be responsible for maximising revenues and minimising operational costs through the following activities;
- Lead the management team in all aspects of their business management and personnel development
- Communicate with the COO, EVPs and peers to share resources and ideas.
- Take management and strategy decisions to improve performance
- Act as the SGS ambassador to promote SGS brand to the customer
- Be close to the market and competition in order to identify and explore opportunities for growth (new services and acquisitions)
- Ensure competitive pricing in line with business guidelines
- Support international sales activity led directly by the business
- Minimise costs with compromising sales and service delivery
- Ensure consistent service delivery quality according g the the customer feedback
- Implement group standard processes in the country related to IT, HR, Legal , Compliance and Finance etc.
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS statement of integrity
- Identify, assess, develop and coach and promote talent
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful candidate for this role you will have a degree in Business Management or related field and at least 5-10 years direct operational / management experience in same or related product line.
- Track record or leading businesses in emerging markets, experience in the textiles / garments industry will be an advantage
- Prior work experience in Bangladesh will be a good to have
- You will have an excellent track record of translating strategy into pragmatic action plans to execution
- Be able to coordinate and motivate teams toward a common goal
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Interact effectively with clients and public officials at all levels
- Strong track record of mastery of risk management and financials
- Ability to work well under pressure and ability to act quickly, decisively and make tough calls
What's on Offer
SGS has been operating in Bangladesh since 1974 and has been a prominent partner to the textiles industry in the country. As the Managing director, you will be part of a highly productive and growing team and have the opportunity to take a stable business to their next phase of growth across other industry segments such as agriculture, food and life sciences, minerals and life sciences.