Logistics Buyer and Trade Compliance Leader-Chemical-Jakarta
Attractive Renumeration Package
Strong growth potential
About Our Client
Our client is world's market leader in chemical industry. With their world class global network, our client has become the market leader among the competition in their industry. As part of their objectives and growth plans, they are looking for the right talent to join their dynamic team to expand their business in Indonesia as Logistics Buyer and Trade Compliance Leader, based in Jakarta.
- Maintain the Highest Business Ethics Standard
- Ability to develop, implement and execute a supply strategy based on market conditions, business/supply chain needs and available resources
- Ability to develop and articulate alternatives, perform value analysisas well as being capable of evaluating the risks using a data-based approach to determine the impact, efficiency and effectiveness of alternative supply solution.
- Result oriented with Intelligent problem-solvingskills to deliver innovative and competitively-advantaged solutions
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal, analytical, and project management skills to develop quality relationships with stakeholders & suppliers
- Strong Negotiations skills with Suppliers
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules
- Professional attitude and Adaptable / Flexible approach to work
- Implement standard logistics processes, tools, initiatives, best practices and optimization activities
- Work closely with country Supply Chain & other stakeholders on new initiatives to meet business need
- Maintain good knowledge of market situation
- Execute regulatory compliance programs
- Oversee and communicate regulatory changes with the development of best practices
- Provide overall guidance and training to businesses, and help them to meet regulatory requirements in doing business
- Monitor, track and report compliance metrics and issues, leading improvement actions
- Manage 3 party logistics companies with the establishment of the process of ensuring quality and professional services
- Drive cost savings in import and export, especially from FTA and duty drawback
- Enhance productivity by establishing simplified and standard process
- Represent country Logistics, and act as a focal person for regional compliance networks
- Lead periodic review meeting with business supply chain at country level to understand business requirement, to share logistics performance metrics / spend / market trend and project initiative, to align on path forward to deliver valuable logistics service to meet business growth requirement.
- Regularly interacts with internal customers and realize customer VOC to improve logistics service level.
- Lead supplier management to ensure that all logistics service is delivered safely meeting regulation requirement.
- Lead supplier relationship management to continually drive performance improvement and value creation to business
- Work with logistics service provider and internal customers to identify optimization opportunities and align with action plan
- Network with supply chain / CSR group
- Engage in logistics projects
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree, preference to Logistics, Supply Chain
- Knowledge of international trading and regulations
- Ideally should have experience in working on sourcing not purchasing department in international or regional company.
- Preferably have experience in handling the dangerous goods.
- 2+ years buying experience in dealing with diversified logistics suppliers and tools (e.g., reverse auction, etc.)
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Team work and collaboration
- Understanding of supply chain process
- Fluency (able to speak, read, write, and comprehend fluently) in English
- Strong track record of leading logistics project to effective solutions including the understanding of supplier base, evaluating options, deciding a course of action, and beginning implementations, etc.
- High level of computer literacy including MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
What's on Offer
- Excellent remuneration package
- Working for a leading multinational company in their industry
- Wide range of international growth opportunities