Experience in Retail or E-Commerce Required
Trackrecord in Logistics
About Our Client
Michael Page is currently working with one of our esteemed client, a is a multinational retail company in the fashion Industry. They have been successfully established in Indonesia for a number of years and has expanded rapidly with 10+ flagship stores in large shopping centres in the Jakarta Area. They have an ambitious plan next year to expand their stores in other large cities within Java, and hence is looking to improve their logistics structure to support this growth.
- Handling customs clearance and dealing with troubles and determine route causes and carry out countermeasures. Based on ordering data, design work plan at warehouse, monitor progresses including international transportation.
- Check deliveries to each store and deal with unfinished or late deliveries.
- Determine root cause for data difference between inbound and outbound in factory, warehouse and stores, edit inventory data, request inventory data editing to warehouse.
- Ask warehouse for requests from other divisions and monitor progresses. Check billing of the costs.
- Visit warehouse of logistics company, check operation and feedback improvement points.
- Retrieve data on logistics costs and check/approve invoices.
- Plan cost reductions and negotiate with logistics company and monitor the results after negotiation.
- Stock-take (schedule work plan, monitor progress, edit inventory data, countermeasure for inventory loss).
- Providing information on sales plan and inbound plan to logistics company for stable delivery in mid-term and long-term.
- Make logistics budget by half fiscal year and enhance accuracy of budget, communicating with corporate planning and merchandising divisions.
- Research for costs in logistics market and credit check and establish stable operation.
- Acquire new knowledge and information through internal and external educational opportunity.
- Update logistics contract and negotiate unit price (per man-hour) in logistics.
- Improve internal problems communicating with stores, Store Operation and other related divisions. To solve difficult problems, communicate between global headquarter in Japan and take actions for countermeasures providing quantitative and qualitative information.
- Develop subordinates and build team
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should have experience handling retail or e-commerce logistics with proven track record in setting up logistic systems and team. Further requirements include:
- Max. 10 years total working experience
- Min 5 years dealing with suppliers
-Proven track record as a project manager who handle third parties
-Deep knowledge of Indonesian customs regulations, and EXIM documents
-Knowledge of apparel goods costing and logistics service fee would be an advantage
-Fluent in written and spoken English
-An expert in Excel
What's on Offer
- A chance to be a pioneer in the Logistics department
- Multinational Company
- Competitive Salary and Benefit