- Rapidly Growing Industry
- Multinational Exposure
About Our Client
Multinational electronics company
- Provide prompt legal advice and services in an efficient, value-added and approachable manner in alignment with customer priorities established by Regional Headquarters
- Draft, review and negotiate software licenses, resale and vendor/supplier contracts.
- Review, draft and manage licenses / sales contracts on a daily basis in accordance with company policies and risk tolerance.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from internal clients across functional groups, summarising and communicating legal concepts that business people can understand and apply;
- Advise on legal issues and risks related to compliance (e.g. around anti-bribery and data privacy), approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP and business strategy;
- Advise on labour-related matters;
- Identify and address risks and issues in the local daily business operations and escalate to the Regional Headquarter to ensure a consistent position in a manner consistent with the internal processes.
- Mitigate risk while fully appreciating the commercial opportunity presented by the transaction.
- Advise on IP and other issues related to brand protection;
- Educate the internal local Indonesian team as well as external business partners to ensure that they have the required understanding of, and ownership interest in, the various risks related to the business.
- Delivering first-hand and professional business and legal affairs support on matters of key strategic, financial and reputation importance to the business.
- The role will work closely with the Compliance & Internal Audit department to manage, improve and control all legal activities to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulatory requirements in Indonesia
- Provide corporate governance for an effective and efficient manner while meeting legal and statutory requirements as governed by the relevant law, including (among others)
- Ensure all corporate filings are made accurately and on time;
- Report company activities effectively and in accordance with the local legal requirements;
- Act as a company representative for all matters requiring legal support.
- Review and authorise all company legal activities related to audit, finance and legal requirements;
- Keep all Inter company agreements up to date and in accordance with the local tax requirements of the entities.
- Manage outside counsel spend on a matter-by-matter basis, and support the company indirect spends savings initiatives
The Successful Applicant
- PQE 7 to 10 years at a law firm and as in-house counsel. A minimum bachelor
- Prior experience in development, manufacture and sale of information equipment environment preferred
- Complete fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing) and Bahasa Indonesia
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Possess the highest professional and ethical standards
- Experience in compliance programmes
- A proven record of commercial awareness with high-quality contribution to business strategy and delivery
- Proven track record as an effective and passionate team player within high performing cross-functional teams
- Practical experience in legal matters in Indonesia
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills
- Possess technical excellence and a practical approach, with the ability to work professionally and under pressure to navigate through a complex organisation and providing accurate legal advice without losing sight of the business perspective
- Strong organisational, project management and interpersonal skills
- Clear communicator with a good ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple manner in both writing and in person.
What's on Offer
This role is open for candidates who are keen for a new set of challenge with a strong business acumen and has experience working in a manufacturing and sales environment.