IT Applications Manager
Exciting career opportunities and widens exposure
Professional working environment
About Our Client
One of the world's largest FMCG companies (Tobacco)
Land simplification initiatives within the portfolio through digital transformation and accelerate opportunities within the end market through the respective of the teams incl. Tech Hub
Accountable for stability, efficiency & silent running through management & monitoring of application services by underpinning contracts (SLA); driving towards a world class user experience
Sustain continued compliance of the estate in the respective geographic scope while landing transformations that will empower and excite our users.
- Manage service performance against SLAs and OLAs across application services consumed in the end market and reports regularly against agreed targets.
- Executes Service Review activities and ensures appropriate actions are taken to maintain and/or improve service levels.
- Application life-cycle management across both the hardware and software stacks, including patching and upgrades
- Proactive review of current application stack availability, capacity and costing to ensure an efficient and stable service
- Responsible for the licensing compliance and adherence to both BAT internal and external security and compliance standards (e.g. SOx, control navigator, audit) for in-scope application portfolio
- Ensure periodical review of user and privileged accounts in the system
- Accountable to ensure adherence to process and the provision of the right level of resource to support incident resolution, service request fulfilment and change assessment, development, testing and implementation (incl. Business Release) tasks for in-scope application portfolio
- Execute exploitation of opportunities for digital acceleration and transformation through collaboration with the respective enablement and excellence teams incl. Tech Hub
The Successful Applicant
- A candidate that possesses knowledge and experience in applications within the primary and secondary manufacturing disciplines is strongly preferred.
- Good communication skills: oral, written, presentation, facilitation
- Practical knowledge of ITILV4, Lean and Agile methodology
- Credibility and trust; ideally has earned the respect of IDT managers and other business managers at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations in a calm manner
- Relationship management and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to bring together and work with a team of people with varied backgrounds - business analysts, technical experts, process owners - to articulate and remedy service level issues
- A good understanding of the organisations services provided and customers/users
- A good understanding of the organisations business and how IT contributes to it
- Innovative thinking with service quality, and its improvement, within limits of costs and business direction
- Knowledge and management experience in digital technology (e.g. robotics, API, IOT, big data,) will be an added advantage
What's on Offer
- Exciting career opportunities, job satisfaction and widens exposure
- Professional working environment with talented colleagues
- Attractive remuneration package