Investment Senior Manager - Life Insurance
About Our Client
Multinational insurance company
- Adjusting the investment portfolio to balance the liquidity, return on investment, and risk goals of the entity. Ensuring that funds are made available from investments for operating purposes on a timely basis. Advising the Board regarding possible changes in investment policy, market update, governance and investment structure. Making recommendations to the Board regarding the use of idle money. And requires strong collaborative working relationships with the Accounting, Actuary, and the Risk Management function.
- Maintain strong working relationships with Regional and bank's Enterprise Risk Management function to ensure the investment portfolio is in compliance with the organisation's risk appetite. Develop the appropriate analytic and monitoring tools to assist in these efforts (as well as in overall portfolio management activities).
- Monitor the investment portfolio's performance and underlying risks, taking proactive measures to manage risks in the portfolio and adjusting asset allocations as appropriate.
- Analyse, evaluate, and recommend new investment opportunities (including alternative assets), and coordinate with relevant internal departments (actuarial, finance, risk, product) and Regional Investment and Risk Management to prepare the recommendation for the Investment Committees.
- Manage the investment accounting function to ensure accurate and timely investment data, compliance with statutory accounting policies, and compliance with all other applicable regulations. While this position is not expected to have a strong accounting background, sufficient accounting background in regards of the understanding of statutory and regulatory impact of investment decisions, as well as to direct staff in the efficient execution of its investment accounting duties.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in finance, business administration, economics, or accounting. CFA qualification preferable.
- Min. 8+years working experience of institutional investment management experience with a strong fixed income orientation.
- Experience with life insurance company investment management preferred. The candidate will also have experience in managing people and processes.
- Superior fixed income knowledge, with the proficiency to understand and evaluate other asset classes (e.g. equities, etc.)
- Strong analytic skills
- Strong communication skills - must present ideas in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
What's on Offer
Attractive Salary Package