Head of Sales, Asia Pacific
Major player in the electrical equipment industry
Senior sales leadership role across Asia Pacific
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leaders in the electrical equipment industry. They provide global solutions to Original Equipment Manufacturers (Low Voltage, Medium Voltage), engineering companies (EPC firms), installers and distributors.
This position is based in Malaysia with frequent regional travels. Main responsibility of The Head of Sales is to drive and manage sales across the Asia Pacific region to achieve the company's sales and growth targets.
He or she will set up, implement sales strategy and coordinate closely not only with factories, regional and head offices, but also with service & sales partners in the region.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- In charge of setting up, executing and leading product & service sales strategy
- Maintain existing customers but also diversify company's new customer base to various new segments
- Manage external sales agents/ partners and set up new ones
- Liaise with marketing to increase visibility of the company and its products on the market
- Accountable for formulating goals, KPIs, sales forecast, reports, budgets and for setting up a sales strategy to achieve these targets
- Cooperate closely with global sales/ production/ engineering teams
- Give product/ service/ sales strategy recommendations to the management
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate is an electrical engineer by education and MBA-qualified with at least 10 years of regional sales management experience within the industry and a track record of established customers in Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Mining. He or she should possess strong business acumen, managerial and communication skills, and the ability to build robust relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Good understanding of the industrial electrical supply equipment market, track record of success in a similar role in Singapore, Indonesia or Malaysia, extensive experience across Asia Pacific are key requirements for this role.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be entrusted to lead the sales and marketing operations of a leading organisation across Asia Pacific. He or she can also expect rapid career growth and a competitive salary package.