Head of Logistics- Multinational Plantation Company
Working for multinational company
Strong growth potential
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading multinational company for palm oil plantation business. As part of their objectives and growth plans, they are looking for the right talent to join their dynamic team to expand their business in Indonesia as Head of Logistics.
- Lead logistics team to provide seamless coordination for all shipping and receiving, warehouse management, and production planning/customer service to ensure effective support of production operations and customer satisfaction.
- Direct distribution center operation to achieve productivity, accuracy and timeliness.
- Managing all Carrier Negotiations and Contracts (i.e. rates and services).
- Develop, implement and measure KPI's pertinent to department goals/objectives including Carrier performance and delivery attainment to customers
- Optimize the finished good warehouse layouts to maximize use of space and create efficient material handling routes.
- Implement robust systems for scheduling carriers and deliveries to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Improve damaged product losses due to current methods of moving product within the facility.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Mange all import/export processes to minimize costs and achieve customer expectations.
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Comply with and understand current and future regulatory environment with respect to the freight industry.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in using and implementing TMS (Transportation Management Software) and WMS (Warehouse Management Software) or similar experience with ERP/MRP systems (Oracle, Baan, SAP, etc.)
- Experience with a high volume shipping operation that has multiple SKUs
- Experience in bulk, chartering, CPO/ Palm Kernel/ Mill project logistics
- Strong business acumen in contract, insurance and other logistics related areas
- Demonstrated experience using SAP, MRP, etc.
- APICS / CSCP certifications are desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must
What's on Offer
- Excellent remuneration package
- Working for a leading integrated industrial company with wide range of growth opportunities
- Great chance to be involved in multiple facets of the business