GM Supply Chain - Mining Company
cash rich organization
About Our Client
Our client is a leading mining contractor company in Indonesia. Due to their expansion plan, they are looking to recruit a dynamic GM Supply Chain to be part of their core management team.
- Direct the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product
- Manage inventory and establishes controls to ensure company is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class materials management group.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Develop and continuously improve supplier programs.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new ERP system and optimize its use.
- Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives, and manages performance to ensure attainment
- Other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
- 10-15 years progressive experience in purchasing and supply chain
- 5-10 years of direct management experience in a mining or a mining contractor industry. Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams with a history of world class success.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills are required
- The role will be based in Jakarta however needed to visit site regularly
What's on Offer
- Good career progression