GM Logistics- Multinational company RIAU
Leading integrated group
A well remunerated position
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading multinational company in Asia Pacific with diversified businesses. As part of their objectives and growth plans, they are looking for the right talent to join their dynamic team in pulp and paper to expand their business in Indonesia as Logistics GM.
- Lead logistics team to provide seamless coordination for all shipping and receiving, warehouse management, and production planning/customer service to ensure effective support of production operations and customer satisfaction.
- Direct distribution center operation to achieve productivity, accuracy and timeliness.
- Managing all Carrier Negotiations and Contracts (i.e. rates and services).
- Develop, implement and measure KPI's pertinent to department goals/objectives including Carrier performance and delivery attainment to customers
- Optimize the finished good warehouse layouts to maximize use of space and create efficient material handling routes.
- Implement robust systems for scheduling carriers and deliveries to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Improve damaged product losses due to current methods of moving product within the facility.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Mange all import/export processes to minimize costs and achieve customer expectations.
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Comply with and understand current and future regulatory environment with respect to the freight industry.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
The Successful Applicant
Logistic GM will be based in Riau and required to travel to Jakarta to ensure strategy implementation and coordination. The candidates must have minimum 15 years of progressive work experiences in logistics management including warehouse operations.
Other key requirements include.
- Demonstrated of World Class, Lean Manufacturing Systems implementation. (JIT, Kanban, Push-pull, etc.)
- Experience in using and implementing TMS (Transportation Management Software) and WMS (Warehouse Management Software) or similar experience with ERP/MRP systems (Oracle, Baan, SAP, etc.)
- Experience with a high volume shipping operation that has multiple SKUs
- Demonstrated experience using SAP, MRP, etc.
- APICS / CSCP certifications are desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with Lean Manufacturing principles
- Fluency in English is a must
- Able to manage an active team with strong supervisory skills to achieve approved targets.
- Willing to be based in Riau (75% of the time) and Jakarta (25% of the time)
What's on Offer
- Excellent remuneration package
- Working for a leading integrated industrial company with wide range of growth opportunities
- Great chance to be involved in multiple facets of the business