Financial Controller - Museums, Zoos and Parks Industry in BALI
Great opportunity for nature lovers
Strong candidate in Finance and Accounting
About Our Client
A highly reputable tourism attraction in Bali with strong conservation focus and popularity is looking for a Financial Controller to come onboard to provide strategic insights for the improvement of the management.
- To be part of a fully engaged leadership team that is running the business through accountancy acumen & evidence based input.
- Actively involved in the overall management of the company including the assessment of Pricing strategies, Revenue Analysis, Wages & staffing strategies etc
- To manage and direct daily accounting activities; ensuring that proper accounting and recording of company transactions are performed in an accurate & timely manner; and producing financial and other key reports.
- Undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities also include all aspects of Banking.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Exercise fiscal control of the company by keeping close record of all transactions, monitoring Hpp, advising & guiding management & directors on all aspects of production & sales.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Other Essential Responsibilities
- Analysing, evaluating, and reconciling complex financial data to arrive at accurate conclusions and recommendations
- Supervising the work of subordinate accountants and assigned staffs; directing, monitoring, and evaluating their work, and implementing corrective action as appropriate
- Attending meetings and training as required, participating on committees, task forces and work groups as assigned
- Developing internal and external relationships with appropriate contacts (other departments, auditors, banks etc)
The Successful Applicant
Required Skills for this position
- The Ability to be full engaged in the running of a Business
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user
- Disciplined administration skills
- Proven leadership ability
- Highly organised
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solver
- A clear Analytical mindset
Qualifications required for this position
- Working experience as a financial controller
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- Minimal 3 years experience in the similar position
- Principles & practices of leadership, supervision, training & performance evaluation
- IT capability
What's on Offer
- Great opportunity for leadership and autonomy
- Once in a lifetime experience to work close to nature within a structured environment.
- Reporting directly to CEO