- Fast-paced working environment
- Exciting job with great scope for growth
About Our Client
A real estate management and development company is currently on the lookout for experienced Development Director to oversee the company's architecture design and construction management
- Establish the strategic direction for each project in terms of program, phasing, and level of investment to ensure alignment with company goals and marketability.
- Review architectural, engineering, marketing, and financial deliverables to ensure quality, consistency, and impact.
- Guide interdisciplinary company teams on all aspects of development in terms of schedule, budget, design, construction, marketing and branding, and leasing.
- Lead multiple development projects, including ground-up and adaptive reuse of residential, commercial, and other public spaces.
- Identify and evaluate potential solutions to complex real estate development issues (public land use policy, transportation planning, utilities and infrastructure, impact identification and mitigation, etc.)
- Review and monitor project-related budgets, proformas, documentation outlining staffing requirements, including engagement of consultants and contractors
- Build and maintain relationships with external resources such as general contractors, subcontractors, surveyors, traffic engineers, land use advisors, legal advisors, and other consultants coordinating communications throughout the project
- Work closely with internal teams to provide financial reviews, updates, and forecasts for the various project(s)
- Analyze potential projects from the perspectives of mission-fit, financial feasibility, and risk
- Prepare presentations, reports, and analyses at various stages in the development process to drive decisions
- Track real estate trends and innovative development practices to disseminate information for teams and apply to projects as appropriate.
- Regularly update progress on developments to company's senior board member.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Interior Design or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in architecture design and new property construction/conversions.
- Ability to multi-task on several projects at once and prioritize assignments
- Excellent written and editorial skills; polished presentation/public speaking skills
- Full knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe CS and Microsoft Office (proficient in excel, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Project Management Experience
What's on Offer
- Great career prospects as the growth opportunity in the company is tremendous.
- The chance to really impact into the operational decisions of a very successful business and input into process, procedures & systems.