Country Manager - Start Up
About Our Client
Our client is the fastest online budget accommodation booking in South East Asia. With regional office presence, our client believes heavily in investing their business in Indonesia. They offered various services such as:
- Ensure the guest are served with consistent experience during their stay at any of the partner opportunity, through quality check points
- Helps hoteliers and guest house owners to showcase their property over a responsive platform
In Indonesia, they have started their operation in Jakarta, Bandung and Bali, and is now in the midst of aggressive expansion to places even outside Java. Because of the aggressive growth, our client is looking to bring in a highly visionary Operations Director to lead the operations in Indonesia.
Reporting to the CEO, the Country Manager will be responsible to lead the whole operations in Indonesia. Other key responsibilities include:
- Sustaining the operations by identifying new business and generating new opportunities.
- Managing the whole P&L of the business in Indonesia.
- Managing entire budget of operations in Indonesia, and ensuring that the business has positive ROI.
- Driving the business in order to grow revenues, and market share.
- Leading the Sales, Marketing and Operation team in order to grow the business.
- Creating and executing annual business plans across content, business development, marketing and support functions.
- Coaching, and ensuring development of the team members.
- Driving the recruitment and training across different functions.
- Developing and implementing objectives, strategies and efficient sales forecasting systems.
- Establishing systems and procedures for controls and evaluation of the teams' performances.
- Monitoring and ensuring cost effective use of budget funds for overhead, incentive payout, marketing strategies.
- Managing multiple stakeholders and ensuring all communications are well.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is looking for a high caliber Indonesian with an impressive track record. Without doubt you must come with an impressive track record of continual delivery and business growth. This will not only involve hitting and exceeding significant revenue targets but you must also demonstrate the ability to lead. Other requirements include:
- At least 8 years of working experience, ideally you are from management consultancy and/or internet business.
- Previous experience in start-up.
- Strong ability to set clear measurable objectives, delegate responsibilities, assess, recognize and reward performance
- Strong leadership with excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills Experience of manage both Modern Trade and General Trade in the F&B or fast-moving consumer goods industry
- Drive and hunger to achieve results independent, self-starter and initiative
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a great personality and start-up experience will be a plus.
- Excellent business acumen and willingness to be hands-on, and work within tight deadlines.
- Previous responsibility in managing P&L of a set up/market.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn and take up challenges, whether alone or in a team.
What's on Offer
- Ability to lead the business, and be the most senior individual in the business
- Attractive remuneration
- Rare opportunity