Country Manager - Start up FinTech
Regional travelling might be required.
Part of the pioneer team.
About Our Client
Headquartered in the US, with presence across multiple countries including Brazil, Singapore and India, our client is looking to launch their business presence in Indonesia. They are one of the fastest growing fin-tech that has developed the first proven digital platform to deliver credit and marketing scores for consumers and SMEs, using quality behavior data.
You will be working alongside with diverse-team from multiple ethnicity and countries. They are backed by leading European and US venture firms. As such, they are looking to bring on board an Indonesian country manager, who will be able to lead the whole business operation and commercial, based in Jakarta.
Our client is looking for a hands-on and high-energy leader who will put their brand on the map, in Indonesia. You will be expected to launch and grow the business.
Reporting directly to the founders, other key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining C-level business relationships with customers (telecommunication and financial services).
- Recruiting, hiring and training a small and lean local team to provide operational support and customer service.
- Sustaining the operations by identifying new business and generating new opportunities.
- Ensuring that the company is set up and operating under the correct law and regulations.
- Coaching, and ensuring development of the team members.
- Ensuring that multiple initiatives and strategies are implemented to achieve the most efficient operation in a cost-effective manners.
- Establishing systems and procedures for controls and evaluation.
- Ensuring that all sales growth are on target, and excellent account management.
- Monitoring and ensuring cost effective use of budget funds for overhead, incentive payout, marketing strategies.
- Working very closely with international stakeholders, which also include the data science and product team (based in the US).
- Managing the P&L of the company, and ensuring that all necessary targets are achieved within the deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is looking for a high caliber Indonesian with an impressive track record in sales, operation and general management from related industry. Without doubt you must come with an impressive track record of continual delivery and business growth. This will not only involve hitting and exceeding significant revenue targets but you must also demonstrate the ability to lead.
Other requirements include:
- At least 10 years of working management experience in the consumer finance / retail finance / digital finance services. Start up experience would be highly preferred.
- Experience working in top MNCs is a must.
- Prior working experience covering different areas across Indonesia is a must.
- Entrepreneur mindset with hands-on and a can-do attitude.
- Excellent knowledge of the Indonesian market, and deep understanding of telecom / banking landscape.
- Strong ability to set clear measurable objectives, delegate responsibilities, assess, recognize and reward performance.
- Strong leadership with excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong management capacity with proven track record in managing regional areas across Indonesia.
- Proven sales, operational and technical track record.
- Drive and hunger to achieve results Independent, self-starter and initiatives.
- Excellent business acumen and willingness to work within tight deadlines.
- Previous responsibility in managing P&L of a set up/market.
- Flexibility in traveling regionally, or the United States.
What's on Offer
- Ability to start the business and become a co-founder in Indonesia.
- Starting a new business.
- Attractive remuneration.