Country Manager - FinTech
Pre-Series A is completed.
Headquartered in Singapore.
About Our Client
Indonesia will be the first of the many countries that our client is launching their business. Headquartered in Singapore, the Indonesian operation will consist of a lean team with diverse background. Focusing on providing investment platform to selected alternative borrowers, they will be one of the pioneers on its space. Through multiple channels, they aim to provide financial inclusions by using big data and tech.
They aim to create disruption in the conventional market, and with capable founders to work alongside with, our client will be looking to bring on board an exceptional country manager to run their operation in Jakarta.
As the first hire in Indonesia, the country manager is expected to be responsible in setting and achieving the different milestones for the business. Reporting directly to the founders, the capable candidate is expected to lead the whole operations in Indonesia.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Sustaining the operations by identifying new business and generating new opportunities.
- Ensuring that the company is set up and operating under the correct law and regulations.
- Coaching, and ensuring development of the team members.
- Ensuring that multiple initiatives and strategies are implemented to achieve the most efficient operation in a cost-effective manners.
- Developing and implementing objectives, strategies and efficient sales forecasting systems.
- Establishing systems and procedures for controls and evaluation of the teams' performances.
- Monitoring and ensuring cost effective use of budget funds for overhead, incentive payout, marketing strategies.
- Understanding and managing the end to end investment process.
- Managing multiple stakeholders and ensuring all communications are well.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is looking for a high caliber Indonesian with either banking or technology-related industry background. This role is only opened to Indonesians who had experience either in the investment world / fin-tech / tech based, or consulting. Without doubt you must come with an impressive track record of business growth.
Other requirements include:
- At least 5 years of working management experience in the start-up environment, banking, top management consultants.
- Experience working in top MNCs is a must.
- Prior working experience covering different areas across Indonesia is a must.
- Entrepreneur mindset with hands-on and a can-do attitude.
- Strong ability to set clear measurable objectives, delegate responsibilities, assess, recognize and reward performance.
- Strong leadership with excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong management capacity with proven track record in managing regional areas across Indonesia.
- Drive and hunger to achieve results Independent, self-starter and initiative
- Excellent business acumen and willingness to work within tight deadlines.
- Previous responsibility in managing P&L of a set up/market would be ideal.
- Ability to work in a lean team, with minimum supervision.
What's on Offer
- Ability to start the business and become a co-founder in Indonesia.
- Starting a new business.