Country Lead - Trade and Development
Regional reporting line.
About Our Client
Are you looking for an exciting career change in which you will be able to work independently with the support of the regional team from their Singapore office? This is a rare opportunity for a high-caliber candidate who is willing to work in a consulting firm which will focuses on scouting cutting-edge technology to companies in Indonesia, and you will be working very closely with the trade and development team.
Our client is a private owned firm, ran and managed by powerful names behind it, and they aim to provide social impact to the mass market in each of the countries under their involvement. With the booming economy of Indonesia, our client is looking to bring on board a change maker, with strong track records in sales, and strategic thinking.
Reporting to the regional CEO based in Singapore, you will be exposed to a team of influential people with multi-diverse background. You are expected to drive and win strategic projects with multiple portfolio companies in Indonesia. Other responsibilities include:
- Identifying, analysing and executing growth opportunities within the company.
- Building and mapping business network in Indonesia to achieve strategic alliances and partnerships with various corporates across diversified business.
- Working with different stakeholders across the company, both at the parent level and throughout its regional presence.
- Providing consultancy service (technology transformation) to companies which are seeking business, trade and investment opportunities across various industries in Indonesia by conducting market research, business development and strategy consulting.
- Ensuring and implementing that good governance is in place that is both acceptable to the local law, and the global's standards.
- Analysing business and financial performance in order to identify the best solutions.
- Participating in both local and overseas trade missions; conferences, events and business delegations.
- Providing guidance for companies through regulation processes and other local adaptation requirement.
- Preparing roadmap to pursue projects and establishing business and investment collaboration and partnership within diversified business: agribusiness, healthcare, manufacturing, technology.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is looking for an Indonesian with exposure in management consulting role, and someone with an entrepreneur spirit and strong track record in sales. This role is only opened to those who had experience working in the local market, with preference in the professional services role. Excellent English communication in both verbal and written is a must.
Other requirements include:
- At least 8 years of working experience in the trade organisations (government owned would be ideal) + including 4-5 years within the real sector, ideally from agribusiness, technology background.
- Master degree, or MBA from a top tier university is preferred, but Bachelor's is a must.
- Prior working experience in foreign business, and/or with technology companies with good knowledge in terminologies is an advantage.
- International exposure (education or working) is a plus, and would be highly preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a great personality and ability to make decisions.
- Highly self-motivated to work in an unstructured environment.
- Excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills.
- Drive and hunger to achieve results independent, self-starter and initiative, and the ability to work in fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Willingness to be hands-on, and work within tight deadlines.
- High commitment, motivation and flexibility.
- Maturity to communicate with the leadership team.
- Willingness to work in a very lean team and direct exposure to the regional.
What's on Offer
Besides being part of a company which experience tremendous growth, and a strong influential owners in their origin country, other offers are:
- Excellent remuneration.
- Frequent traveling (Indonesia and overseas).