Country Head - New Tech Company - Start-up in Jakarta
Newly set up.company.
About Our Client
A newly set-up client in Indonesia is looking for a country head to lead their operation from scratch. The business model would be a B2B marketplace, focusing on the consumer goods sector. With a renowned investor behind them, they are looking to bring on board a highly-seasoned professional who can be hands-on and willing to roll-up their sleeves.
For the country head to be successful, the selected candidate is required to become a brand ambassador, and to lead the revenue and development of the business (including setting up the entity, and setting up the basic of the operation.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of at least 200 headcounts in Indonesia only, and most are within the sales-operation team.
- Managing the whole P&L of the business.
- Identifying new business opportunities (both in the B2B and the B2C sector) through acquisition of new clients.
- Working closely with multiple stakeholders to ensure that sales strategies and objectives are aligned and achieved.
- Preparing sales forecast, budgets and targets through various strategies.
- Understanding the market trends, consumer behaviour, to be aligned with the market strategy.
- Demonstrating functional competence and deep industry knowledge.
- Supporting the development of opinion pieces on business challenges, including publication and presentation of thought leadership.
- Achieving the set revenue target and ensuring that all projects are being completed on time.
- Proactively introducing new strategies and clients that fits the business requirement.
- Deconstructing a larger problem into simple tasks for the team.
- Hiring, developing and training and retaining the right talent that fits with the culture of a start-up dynamic environment.
The Successful Applicant
Because of the highly competitiveness of the process, this role is only opened for Indonesians with excellent communication in English, and has worked in a fast-paced start-up environment. To seize the opportunity to work for this highly dynamic client, you should be/have:
- University graduate major from Tier 1 university only.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in reputable company, with at least 5 years in a leading a highly-volatile business.
- Any prior consumer internet experience in product, business, sales or marketing role is a plus.
- Ex-founders are also welcome to apply.
- Excellent sales track records targeting diverse set of clients (multinational and local), across all industries.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and decision making skills.
- Strong business acumen, entrepreneur, self-motivated, excellent interpersonal and adaptability, energetic and result-oriented.
- Excellent time and project management skill with the ability to coach and mentor.
- Excellent strong team management and leadership skills.
What's on Offer
- Excellent opportunity to contribute to setting up a new company.
- Excellent opportunity to expand on your career and the exposure to work with the regional team.