Commodity Buyer- Agriculture/Food
Opportunity for regional assignment
Good career progression within the company
About Our Client
Our client is a global leading processor of agricultural commodities and food ingredients. Sourcing over 40 products with a direct presence in over 60 countries and serving over 15000 customers worldwide, our client is looking for the right talent to join their dynamic team as a commodity buyer with the onset of rapid expansion of their business operations in Indonesia.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with suppliers so as to sustain market performance for the company.
- Procure commodity with the planned volume in a timely manner while managing upside risks.
- Handle contracts & relevant paperwork, follow up due dligience according to the guidelines of the contracts
- Gather market information and trends in a timely fashion & use statistics to analyze pertinent data to leverage company
- Ensure Contract management are fully compliance with business objectives.
- Coordinate with other operational department (warehouse, logistics , QA) within the company.
- Conduct strategic supplier selection activities to procure quality direct manufacturing materials at the best possible price and payment terms.
- This position report to Procurement Manager
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree or higher in any field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in procurement, preferably in agri-business.
- Strong communication and knowledge of commercial negotiation.
- Proven track record in risk management.
- Ability to influence with others with effective interpersonal skills, a good team-player.
- Proficient in MS Office package especially Excel and word.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, good team work and fast learner.
- Will be placed in Jakarta, Lampung or Palembang
What's on Offer
- Opportunity for regional assignment
- Good career progression within the company
- Competitive remuneration package will be given to the right candidate