- The opportunity to make a big networks
- Exposure of Lake Toba, North Sumatera
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading agroindustries worldwide that concerns not only in agriculture, but also in agrifood, goods purchasing and the shipment across countries and continents. In Indonesia, they focus on the sustainability values especially for the plantation crops. Coffee is one of their strengths.
- Set up and scale best-in-class arabica coffee supply chains in North Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Build, maintain and scale long term commercial relationships with coffee producer networks.
- Build budget needs for multicriteria certifications supply chains (ORGANIC, RFA/AAA and FLOCERT) by determining field implementation needs and audit costs. Such budgeting should provide breakeven point considering size (hectares) and projected growth potential over a period of 3, 5 and 10 years.
- Mapping of Supply Chain - support and coordinate with field team in the use of digital solutions to collect and process data, analyses data from current databases, verify integrity of data used for analysis.
- Certifications Implementation - support and coordinate with field team diagnostics, TA/GAP, progress & impact report, audit and overall successful implementation.
- Manage commitments with coffee producers to implement verification/certifications of their farm(s) in order to secure supply. Implement strict food safety protocols to avoid cross contamination of organic coffee with conventionally produced coffee and other crops.
- Manage procurement of wet hulled coffee flows from certified/verified supplied chains to dry mill in Medan. Implement strict internal controls to accomplish: a) product traceability and b) glyphosate free pre-liminary testing clearance before taking ownership of coffee.
- Monitors and report on North Sumatra supply chain timeline developments on a monthly basis.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in sustainability management, agriculture, international development, or similar relevant topics
- 5 years with a minimum 3 years' experience in managing field projects in coffee or other agricultural commodities, including work planning, budgeting, and training local staff
- Experience in coffee is a strong advantage
- Leading Team experiences
- Good English skills (reading and speaking)
- Understanding the coffee market in North Sumatera
- Willing to be based in North Sumatera
What's on Offer
- Solid career growths
- Good remuneration package