Business Development Manager - Renewable Energy
fast paced challenging job
room for growth
About Our Client
The client has deep renewable energy and power engineering, construction and investment experience in developing markets, where it is a focused investor, developer and deliverer of renewable power assets.
They work with its partner companies to provide engineering, management and financial support, whilst offering the ability to act as a bankable sponsor for renewable power projects.
Once built, The company matures and consolidates its assets regionally or by technology into operating portfolios which it would seek to exit.
Our approach is hands-on, asset-first, technically orientated. We look to achieve our returns through holding equity in well-conceived and constructed projects.
They have offices in London, Singapore, Nairobi, Mauritius, Delhi and Manila.
* Identify renewable energy project leads for investment in Indonesia.
* Manage the overall project development from initiation to financial close in a competitive environment, often with short deadlines. This includes the finalization of documents such as Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), Fuel supply agreement, Consortium and shareholder's agreement, Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) and O&M arrangements, etc.
* Lead the team to select the best technical configuration and contractor; negotiating the EPC contract.
* Lead the teams in negotiating MOU, joint development agreements or shareholder agreements with local and international partners.
* Oversee the business development activities to have in depth knowledge of all ongoing renewable activities, support the production of BDO documentation with the Head of BDO.
* Critically review all relevant elements of the projects
* Lead by example in managing business relationships and project / programme risks.
* Defines a balanced set of targets and measures aligned with delivery plans.
* Analyze the project risk allocation as per the company's methodology
* Prepare, monitor, analyze and approve projects' budgets, expense.f
* Consider the information that is available, identify options and makes timely decisions.f
* Understand the wider strategic environment to make appropriate resource decisions.
* Strategically process the impact of decisions.
* Determine results which are aligned to strategic decisions.
* Ensure decisions are evidence-based drawing on available knowledge and past lessons.
* Where appropriate adopt a collaborative approach to decision making.
* Contribute to the overall BU Asia-Pacific strategy
* Lead negotiations with all important stakeholders: client, partners, contractors, communities.
* Interface with government bodies and other industry participants to influence and shape the regulation/policy making.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience with technical, financial, economic and legal aspects of the relevant business
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Able to work in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams
- Customer-oriented and teamwork spirit
- Strong strategic & project management capabilities
- Strong people & leadership skills
- Strong financial background with the awareness of local regulatory environment
- Experience in Independent Power Producer (IPP) development and structuring
- Demonstrable strong stakeholder relationship management skills
- Ability to lead complex and multidisciplinary negotiations under tight time constraints
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English. A second Asian language is a plus
- Excellent analysis and synthesis capabilities and ability to write comprehensive and complex notes in English.
What's on Offer
Great remuneration package
Work Life Balance
Great company culture