Business Controller - leading shipping agency, North Jakarta
Opportunity to join one of the most renowned MNC
Develop your career in a fast growing company
About Our Client
Our client is a renowned multinational shipping agency with a strong international presence and track record. With its ongoing growth, the need arises for a Business Controller based in North Jakarta to oversee all finance aspects of the company's business in Indonesia.
- Provide the management team with required information to allow them to properly evaluate the financial position.
- Be a sparring partner for the Country Managing Director in terms of investments and budget.
- Issue internal policies regarding finance related issues (e.g. cash advances, costs for account of the employer, collection of trade receivables etc.)
- Provide reliable and consistent information regarding financial status.
- Challenge the relevant stakeholders in the business in terms of budget, forecast and performance.
- Ensure that all procurement procedures are properly defined and followed.
- Ensure the budget for procurement is not exceeded and be prepared to challenge the various managers with regards to their requests for CAPEX and OPEX.
- Monitor and report the variances between the budget figures and the actual reporting and challenge the provided information.
- Provide the Country Management team and the Corporate Finance team (HQ) with timely management reporting figures.
- Communicate with all involved finance responsible persons and provide the necessary system support to obtain a timely and qualitative periodic reporting.
The Successful Applicant
This role is based in North Jakarta and as a result of the government regulations we are only looking for Indonesian nationals. Whilst fluency in Bahasa would be an advantage strong written and spoken English is a must. You must also have excellent technical accounting skills but with an analytical, commercial or management accounting focus as this is a very commercially oriented position. A professional accounting qualification (CA/ACCA/CPA etc.) is desirable and it is essential that you have worked in an MNC business, ideally within a matrix structure.
- 7-10 years of experience in a business controlling / finance management role, and exposure to an international business environment.
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and internal stakeholders, increase the productivity and improve overall standards.
- Ability to adhere to local and corporate reporting standards.
- Strong analytical skill required to identify risks and opportunities in the business.
- Strong leadership and highly motivated to overcome challenges.
- High level of ethics and integrity.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to expand portfolio into a key strategic role within the organization
- Excellent remuneration package based on experience