Associate Director of Philanthropy (Fund-raising specialty)
Philanthropy work through exclusive events
Working for a well-known global NGO/NPO
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known organisation that works for natural conservation in 72 countries. Their mission is to inherit sustainable natural environment for future generations by preserving lands and water therein in which all lives depends on, through management of protected reserved area, vital species habitat conservation and local communities empowerment.
- Development of pipeline for philanthropy
- Identify, cultivate, solicit steward and retain qualified prospects and donors. Manage a portfolio of approximately 200 qualified relationships and apply a moves management approach to the portfolio with a custom cultivation strategy for each donor.
- Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing multi-year commitments from corporations, individuals and foundations
- Strategically engage board members, organisation executives and current donors in peer prospect, identification, visits and closings.
- Routinely network and interact with corporate executives for the purpose of cultivating personal relationships and developing personal giving.
- Work collaboratively to analyse portfolios and strategise upgrades and to cultivate individual gifts from corporate partner executives
- Demonstrate a keen sens of curiosity for donors - seeking to crack the code of what compels each donor to give substantially by asking the right question
The Successful Applicant
- 6 years related experience or on an equivalent combination
- Experience in building and maintaining long-term relationships with fund raising constituents
- Experience in asking for and closing gifts
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, preferable in a large non-profit
- Experience working with fund raising principles and practices
- Experience, coursework, or other training in current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts or planned giving
- Previous experience managing high-net worth individuals/clients will be a strong value added.
What's on Offer
- Strategic role with decision making position
- Part of a global well-known non profit organisation with main passion in sustainable living
- Attractive remuneration package