Assistant Procurement Manager - Marine Industry
Working for a global MNC
Growth with a company that focus on family values
About Our Client
Our client is a well known Maritime Logistic company. In line with their expanding business structure and exciting development plan, a great opportunity has become available for a vibrant and talented professional to join this organisation, as an Assistant Procurement Manager you will assist The Procurement Head to manage the procurement team and maintain the existing supplier to ensure the best service is provided to the company.
- To source and purchase goods and services in line with any budget requirements.
- Responsible for a team of 2-3 members who will work on your behalf and under your instruction.
- Report frequently to Finance and prepare suitable reports and presentations on the performance of your department in line with the company's requirements.
- Liaise with other departments regarding their requirements and work within their available budgets to source materials/services appropriate to their needs.
- Source for new suppliers in order to ensure the best possible goods and services are being obtained at the best possible price.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers (International or Local) and negotiate annual pricing strategies.
- Research new markets and present data to support your findings and recommendations
The Successful Applicant
- University degree with Mechanical Engineering is preferable
- Experience in source and purchase Vessel and Spare Part for Boat or experience as a Marine Technical Superintendent.
- Currently working in similar position in a medium sized company
- Experience in managing a team of 2 - 3 members
- Willing to travel to various sites within Indonesia
- Familiar with ERP procurement system such as Microsoft Dynamics Navision or SAP is preferable.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Ability to work independently and motivated with positive mindset throughout challenging market situation
What's on Offer
- Growth with a company that focuses on family values
- High remuneration