You are here
The rise of the technical marketer
1. Recruit for the right roles
Previously, candidates were hired into generalist marketing roles such as marketing manager, advertising manager or copywriter. Now, the scope of these roles are becoming more focused to ensure teams onboard a specific set of skills, with roles such as digital content specialist, UX (user experience) manager and channel marketing specialist becoming more common.
2. Test specialist skills
3 How to interview
Therefore it is essential technical skills are tested before job offers are made.
Ensure you're recruiting the digital skills you need into your team and keeping pace with the changing landscape by:
- Recruiting for the right roles and being explicit about the focus of the role and the specific skills required
- Test applicants on their abilities to ensure their skills meet your standards and have not been overstated before job offers are made
- Engage specialist recruiters or subject matter experts to help you evaluate the true measure of an applicant's skills
- Take your time to make the right decision, as finding a replacement is a costly process