You are here
- Multinational Company
- Head of HSE
About Our Client
Michael Page Indonesia is currently aiding our esteemed client, a leading multinational gas manufacturing company manufacturing industrial gases. They are currently operating in 100+ countries worldwide and is catering to large clients across the industries. The company is dedicated to long term sustainable growth and environmental safety as is proven by their track record in ambitious growth.
The winning candidate will be given the responsibility to lead the company's country-wise SHEQ team and spearhead any strategy and initiatives to be implemented in manufacturing facilities and distribution network across the country:
- Create and oversee the implementation of the SHEQ strategy
- To roll out behavioural safety program and ensure its sustainability
- Work closely with operations, distribution and customer engineering services to ensure effective and smooth application of key safety priorities on the agenda
- Ensure that safety performance is measured and evaluated using common tools
- Improve SHEQ standards by adopting and implementing best operating practices.
- Identify areas for improvement and work with the management teams to ensure that sustainable plans are in place to address.
- Ensure processes and resources are deployed for business hazard and risk identification and for assessment and control of processes to mitigate risks.
- To work with the businesses following incidents to find the root causes and help them develop and implement appropriate action plans.
- Ensure that systems and standards are implemented on plants
- Work closely with the regional SHEQ team to provide the sites perspective and leverage the best operating practices globally.
- Provide leadership on security issues across the site.
- Identify related risks that may block delivery of business goals and ensure site management team implements plan to manage these risks
- Provide training and support on the critical areas like EMOC, HAZOP,PSR and risk assessment
- Ensure that the SHEQ goals and objectives, as well as safety implementation plans are widely communicated and understood
- Ensure that the SHEQ function provides expertise and tools to enable the business to comply with all legislative and Group requirements
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have experience in handling SHEQ in a hazardous manufacturing facility and distribution network:
- Min Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Safety
- A thorough understanding of Group safety standards and statutory requirements.
- Experience of operating at a managerial level
- Proven ability to execute the best business direction without compromising the SHEQ requirements and highlight opportunities to utilise SHEQ for business gain.
- Strong communications skills, organisational awareness and the ability to influence colleagues in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing safety programmes and against stretch performance targets.
- Proven team leadership skills, ability to influence the site organisations.
- Strong problem-solving capability.
- Risk Management experience and involvement in risk assessments and audits.
- To work effectively within both direct line and matrix reporting structures.
- Possess wide range of SHEQ related technical skills, including HAZOP, all aspects of risk assessment and accident investigation
What's on Offer
- Exposure to leading multinational environment
- competitive benefit package
-Opportunity to lead all HSE initiatives in a global company