You are here
Research & Development Director
- Step into a newly created role
- Stepping into a lead role
About Our Client
One of the region's major plantation groups is seeking for a talent for the role of Deputy Director (R&D). The mandate of the role will be to lead and coordinate the R&D efforts to improve the yield of fibre and palm fruits and quality.
- Lead, coordinate and manage research teams and facilities across business groups with Forestry and Palm Oil plantations.
- Lead internal comparison and knowledge exchanges on tree improvement, silviculture and pests & plant disease research.
- Oversee research programs on plant species that can produce a higher yield and quality
- Develop a continuous improvement culture within his/her team that embraces innovation and efficient use of resources, and timely delivery of research solutions and programs.
- Ensure talent development of R&D professionals across business units through job rotations and various learning interventions
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 15 years of research experience in oil palm, rubber, cocoa or forest plantation industry, with at least 5 years of general management experience in a leadership capacity.
- Postgraduate qualifications in scientific disciplines related to the business and have a proven research track record.
- Have a broad scientific knowledge of plant genetics, biotechnology, plant physiology, plant propagation, agronomy / silviculture, soil science (mineral & organic), pest & disease.
- Strong business sense and have a broad understanding of the oil palm and preferably also the pulp & paper industry.
- Good leadership and managerial skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Has a strong sense of business ethics.
What's on Offer
- Working in a growing industry
- Step into a senior management position with a global leader