You are here
Research & Development Deputy Director
- Exposure for national responsibilities
- Execute global commercialization
About Our Client
Our client is a leading plantation company, boasting a significant turnover and excellent track record in Indonesia from both a business and human capital perspective. With a remarkable market share locally, the organization is still looking to implement an exceptional growth plan and ensure they have a stringent process in place. One of the region's major plantation groups is seeking for a talent for the role of Deputy Director (R&D). The mandate of the role will be to lead and coordinate the R&D efforts to improve the yield of fiber and palm fruits and quality.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to join a business which has a great reputation, both from a product development perspective and also from a proven track record of developing top notch talents. This is a key role for the organizations as you will be part of a team dedicated to develop and implement the Research & Development functions to meet international standard.Ultimately you are part of a drive to ensure productive and smooth manufacturing business processes.
The main responsibilities you will have include:
- Lead, coordinate and manage research teams and facilities across business groups with Forestry and Palm Oil plantations.
- Lead internal comparison and knowledge exchanges on tree improvement, silviculture and pests & plant disease research.
- Oversee research programs on plant species that can produce a higher yield and quality
- Develop a continuous improvement culture within his/her team that embraces innovation and efficient use of resources, and timely delivery of research solutions and programs.
- Willing to be located in Sumatera
Ensure talent development of R&D professionals across business units through job rotations and various learning interventions
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 15 years of research experience in oil palm, rubber, cocoa or forest plantation industry, with at least 5 years of general management experience in a leadership capacity.
- Postgraduate qualifications in scientific disciplines related to the business and have a proven research track record.
- Have a broad scientific knowledge of plant genetics, biotechnology, plant physiology, plant propagation, agronomy / silviculture, soil science (mineral & organic), pest & disease.
- Strong business sense and have a broad understanding of the oil palm and preferably also the pulp & paper industry.
- Good leadership and managerial skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Has a strong sense of business ethics.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary with significant allowances with bonus potential.
- Great local and international career development opportunities.
- Strong learning culture.
- Excellent facilities and office environment.