You are here
Purchasing Manager - Palembang
- Step into a newly created role
- Stepping into a lead role
About Our Client
Our client is a cohesively integrated, manager of the rubber value chain, with its involvement and value addition throughout the continuum, carving a unique blend of professional competence to deliver the requirements and concerns of the rubber industry to exceed expectations. Deal in all kinds of natural and synthetic rubbers from global originations.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the overall rubber (scrap) raw material purchasing activities of the organization to ensure adequate stock levels to support the production process
- Develop purchasing policies, procedures and control purchasing department budget
- Identify vendors of materials and evaluate cost and quality of raw materials that meet the organization's requirements and specifications at the most favourable price.
- Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key supplier
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Develop and implement purchasing/inventory policies including the development, implementation and review of SOP's and KPI's
The Successful Applicant
- At least a Diploma or Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- 7 - 10 years progressive experience in a purchasing role and equivalent technical/engineering experience in a fast-paced, high volume production environment
- Comprehensive experience drafting vendor agreements including the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements
- Good oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders in local languages and dialects
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories
- Exceptional forecasting ability with strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to be a part of a leading business for a leading brand
- The chance to step into a brand new role