You are here
Production Part Approval Process Engineer
Brand new position
About Our Client
Our client is a leading service provider within the aerospace business. One of the leading brand in the aerospace industry and a brand that continues to grow in the region. With multi-million dollars being invested into the aerospace industry in Indonesia per year, they are a business with rapid growth and strong branding over the years. As part of the growth plans and the building of a strong name and reputation, they are looking for a proven Production Part Approval Process Engineer to manage their growing business in Indonesia.
Primary activities including but not limited to the following:
- Verification that the PPAP has been done in compliance with specifications for the given level of PPAP as stated in the related purchase order for the given PPAP part.
- Verification that a "Process Flow" chart or table has been provided and that it appears complete; from the issuance and inspection of materials, through all machining, fabrication, assembly, test operation steps, and including in-process and final inspection.
- Verification that a proper process FMEA (Failure Modes & Effects Analysis) is included in the PPAP submission.
- Verification that measurement gages are specified for all features on the PPAP which require dimensional or functional verification, and that each of those discrete gages has had a MSA (Measurement System Analysis) performed and that the MSA results are documented in the PPAP.
- Verification that a Control Plan is included with the PPAP submission which includes, at a minimum, instructions for controlling all key characteristics and any process assigned a relatively high RPN in the FMEA.
- As applicable or where necessary, review of other PPAP elements such as Initial Process capability study, Material/performance test results & Dimensional inspection report for detail parts, sub-assemblies or assemblies.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engg., Manufacturing/ Production Engg., Industrial Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent experience
Work Experience and Essential Skills:
- Overall experience of 5+yrs in Manufacturing or Manufacturing Engineering
- 2+yrs of relevant APQP & PPAP experience
- Fully conversant with PPAP elements
- PFMEA and control plan preparation experience
- Should have excellent process planning knowledge
- Six sigma certification (Black or Green belt) preferred.
- Hands on experience on Aerospace industry products.
- Generation of Technical and Management reports.
- Have all round awareness of various management functions.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to be a part of a leading business for a leading brand
- The chance to step into a new role as a pioneer with a growing company