You are here
- Global MNC
- Brand new position
About Our Client
Our client is a Global MNC within the chemical manufacturing industry. One of the biggest player in the world with renown products and top notch R&D makes them a preferred organization for employees. They have recently invest into Asia and one of their new plant is in Indonesia where they are looking for a qualified high caliber Production Manager to manage the production team in their business in Surabaya.
- Manufacturing Direct and Indirect cost - Responsible for effective cost management and use of resources to support production demands, delivered at the lowest cost - Unit Cost of Manufacture per kilogram
- Quality - Responsible for ensuring all quality requirements as determined by HBF quality assurance processes are followed at all times in our production processes. As a senior member of the Plant Management team, it is expected that the Production manager play a leadership role in creating and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement, a singular focus on Quality Assurance rather than Quality control and employee engagement.
- Safety - Responsible for ensuring that all safety requirements as stipulated by HBF environment, health and safety [EH&S] are complied with at all times by all production team members. Support and coordinate EH&S activities/programs within the Production and other Operation functional groups.
- Manufactured to Schedule - Responsible to ensure compliance in meeting planned production schedules in support of our business promise of high service levels to our customers.
- Critical Programs - Responsible to ensure that critical programs including but not limited to employee engagement and training, 5 S, Structured Problem Solving Techniques/Root Cause Analysis and Corrective action and maintaining high Process capabilities, IP Protection protocol and Total Productive Maintenance are implemented effectively in the production areas.
- Productivity - Responsible for leading the production and maintenance team, in collaboration with local, regional and global process engineering and planning teams, in ensuring high productivity without sacrificing Safety or Quality .
- People Development and High Performance Team Building Culture - Responsible for training, development and up-skilling of production team members. Leveraging HB Fuller culture elements and beliefs to create and nurture high performing teams. Responsible for the effective implementation of skills and competency program, career ladder and succession planning.
- Collaborate - with EH&S , Quality Assurance , Engineering and other internal functions to ensure customer and business needs are always delivered , hassle free and at the lowest cost possible based on the foundation of Operational Excellence.
The Successful Applicant
- Exposure to and experience with ASQ ISO 9000 or ISO 9001:2008
- Skills and ability to evaluate and optimize manufacturing processes, using Lean Six Sigma methods.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt of higher
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application - especially Excel for model building and simulation exercises.
- Excellent analytical skills and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent people management and talent development skills.
- 3-5 years in the same or similar role within the chemical industry [ semi-continuous/batch processing preferable] - strong background in Unit Operations [mixing] and process control in the Adhesive or Paints/Coatings industry.
- Relevant experience serving multinational customers
What's on Offer
- Stepping into a lead role with a Global MNC
- Opportunity to work in a start-up business and grow with the business