You are here
Outreach & Engagement Manager
- Opportunity to make a change
- Brand new position
About Our Client
Our client is a not-for-profit that unites stakeholders from the 7 sectors of the palm oil industry: oil palm producers, processors or traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks/investors, and environmental and social non-governmental organizations (NGOs), to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil.
- Identify individuals, organizations and/or governmental bodies that are influential and well-respected by the communities, to be approached for voluntary involvement in the RSPO network of intermediaries
- Ensure local stakeholders i.e. local communities have adequate channels of communication with the RSPO as well as access to information, resources and capacity building support through these RSPO intermediaries.
- Facilitate and implement more comprehensive outreach efforts through a network of intermediaries identified from the related or affected communities within producing countries to support and assist RSPO achieving its mission.
- Reinforce relationships between this network of intermediaries and Producers, Local Government, Administrators, Community Groups, RSPO and other related organizations.
- Increase awareness among local communities of the RSPO Principles & Criteria (P&C) and its influence on RSPO Grower members and compliancy.
- Stimulate the involvement of local NGOs in the various RSPO P&C National Interpretation Processes.
- Better perspectives on RSPO and the palm oil industry on the whole in terms of environmental, social and economic impacts.
- Extent of network of intermediaries' capacity and geographic range, inclusive of the local and indigenous communities within the area.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum qualification in a University Degree in social sciences or other disciplines bearing on the subject (equivalent degrees in other subjects will be considered)
- 6 to 8 years working experience in handling stakeholder engagement, preferably at a local, grassroots level and within the SEA region.
- Experience in working with International / Multi-stakeholder organizations will be an added advantage
What's on Offer
- Stepping into a newly created role to create a change in the world
- Working with regional teams and multi level engagement with senior decision makers in the market