You are here
Head of Finance - Global Leading Shipping Liner
- Opportunity to join one of the most renowned MNC
- Drive improvement across the organization
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's leading container shipping lines with a strong presence worldwide. In line with their expanding business structure, a great opportunity has become available for a vibrant and talented professional to join this organization, as the Head of Finance.
As the Head of Finance you will be leading the finance function at country level. You will have the opportunity to work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network.
Amongst the many responsibilities are listed below:
- Partner with business to develop and execute cost and revenue improvement initiatives;
- Consolidation, management and statutory reporting for Indonesia offices;
- Conduct internal audits across the 4 Finance offices and ensure internal control policies and procedures are adhered to and in compliance with Company policies and IFRS; ensuring proper audit trails at the same time;
- Partner with respective Finance Managers to work with external auditors, tax agent and local authorities in resolving any accounting or tax related issues, ensuring all tax and legal filings as required by local laws and regulations are performed accurately and timely;
- Lead, direct, and develop Finance Managers to ensure timely and accurate day-to-day transactional accounting, treasury, cash management, budget control and financial reporting, including inter-company reconciliations with Regional Finance teams;
- Exercise control over local and overseas debtors and escalate inconsistencies or identified corporate risks to Management timely;
- Enable proper management of country business funds by performing accurate cash flow forecast;
- Identify improvement areas and develop good accounting control procedures and best practices to enhance accounting quality and efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for the highest level of Indonesian talent who has a proven international career with an MNC. You will have excellent written and verbal communications in English and a professional accounting qualification (CMA/ACCA/CPA etc) is preferred although not a pre-requisite.
Other requirements include:
- You should possess minimally a Degree in Accountancy / Finance and have 10 - 15 years in a financial leadership position maintaining and executing financial controls and reporting at country level with strong track record of 5 - 6 years of auditing background in maritime / ship liners industries.
- You need to have strong commercial acumen and strategic financial thinking skills , have the ability to manage changes and thrive in dealing with challenging business environment and effecting operational strategies with a high level of integrity and ethics;
- You should also have good knowledge of IFRS accounting standards, as well as experience in using SAP financial system;
- As a country functional head, overseeing multi offices, you should be a team player with the ability to lead, develop and drive performance of direct reports remotely across various locations;
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What's on Offer
- The chance to really impact into the commercial decisions of a very successful business and input into process, procedures & systems from the on-set
- Excellent remuneration package based on experience