You are here
General Manager Purchasing
- Opportunity to make a change
- Brand new position
About Our Client
A major retailer with decades of experience in the consumer industry and this business is geared for growth throughout Indonesia. The key success of this business is to optimize quality at the most efficient costing and optimal production. During this exciting time we are looking for a General Manager Purchasing to drive efficiency and cost savings for the business.
This role will report to the President Director and with several senior direct subordinates. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing the right purchasing strategy to reach and support the business target of the company.
- Identifying and managing inefficiency to improve the purchasing operations.
- Manage cost to be constantly low by having the insight of inflation factors.
- Lead strategy to drive down costs on a multi-million US Dollar yearly spending, of thousands of different products and services.
- Understand and leading the regular supplier evaluation to maintain high supplier service level with low rejection level.
- Manage multiple active contracts and understand the proper process with the vendors to provide the best possible pricing and quality.
- Lead Distribution Center setups to meet the KPI for a 3PL.
- Investigate trends in commodity price fluctuation and manage future probability fluctuation to keep P/L healthy.
- Act as a leader and motivator to support the process of induction, talent management and succession planning.
The Successful Applicant
We invite a highly experienced professional with an eye for cost-cutting and efficiency opportunities. We are seeking the services of a highly motivated and team driving individual to raise the bar of productivity. To be successful you must come with:
- A proven track record of at least 10 years of strong record in delivering cost and revenue targets in procurement within large multinational companies
- Able to drive strategy implementation as well as changes for direct as well as indirect purchasing activities
- Solid experience in managing vendor and category management, ideally with a large number of SKUs across the Country
- Able to execute daily strategic and hands-on tasks to ensure target realization
- Modern, energetic, self-starter, display initiative and proposes pragmatic new ideas / approaches and you must have worked with an MNC previously
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Working for the world's leading multinational company.
- Available avenues to contributes positively for the organization to grow and being recognized for it.