You are here
Commercial Finance Manager (Mining) - site based: East Java
- Business Facing role as part of Management Team
- Drive improvement initiatives
About Our Client
Our client is one of the global leading mining companies in Indonesia with some aggressive plans in the market. Due to the current growth they are looking for a Commercial Manager to help expand their business.
Amongst the many responsibilities are listed below:
- Prepare monthly reports within 10 days of month end.
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly forecasts including profit and loss, cash flow and budget. Compilation of cost, capital and physicals will be supported by Business Analyst.
- Develop and implement appropriate internal control procedures to ensure the safeguard of the Company's resources. Support these controls through written accounting procedures and policies.
- Work with operations management to identify cost and productivity initiatives and champion their implementation.
- In conjunction with internal clients identify quantity of goods and services to be purchased and stored in inventory by respective internal clients.
- Work with internal clients to identify suppliers capable of providing goods and services considering reliability, price and quality.
- Develop purchasing policies and establish guidelines and measurements for inventory supply and management.
- Contract management and negotiation in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Establish inventory levels and reorder points to maintain appropriate levels of stock.
- Manage supplier relationships including measuring performance, taking remedial action as necessary and develop strategic relationships with suppliers that deliver operational cost productivity and production objectives.
- Ensure that adequate controls and procedures are in place to safeguard the Company's assets.
- Interview, hire and manage employees under responsibility. Supervise and train staff including succession plan. Manage systems to ensure the efficient functioning of the purchasing process.
- Work with Community Relations to establish programs that encourage the development of local suppliers.
- Manage all site infrastructure including catering, cleaning and maintenance services to maintain agreed service levels. Measure and report on the delivery of these services.
The Successful Applicant
This role is only open for Indonesian nationals. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the growth of the company and must possess the requirements below:
- Must be willing to relocate to the mining site in East Java
- Bachelor degree in accounting/business or full professional qualification (e.g. CPA, CMA, ACCA)
- At least 15 years of working experience in similar roles. Exposure in the mining sector is mandatory.
- Broad understanding of business processes, process auditing and internal control concepts
- Strong analytical skill required to identify risks and opportunities in the business
- Strong leadership and highly motivated to overcome challenges
- Excellent communication skill, both verbal and written in English and Bahasa Indonesia and ability to build cross discipline relationships
What's on Offer
- A key decision maker providing significant impact
- Excellent remuneration package based on experience