You are here
CMO - Tech-based start-up (Jakarta)
Competitive remuneration package.
Stock option provided.
About Our Client
Indonesia has seen the vast growth of e-commerce and digital space, and such, one of our clients has decided to strengthen their business by looking to bring in a highly-seasoned CMO to join their business at the soonest. Backed by renowned investors, they are looking not only to dominate the Indonesia market. Recognised as one of the fastest-growing companies in Indonesia, with renowned brand, our client is ready to bring their business to the next level. They classified themselves as a tech company, and ready to bring in smart, energetic individuals to be part of their dynamic team.
Reporting to founders, the CMO will be responsible to lead the whole marketing team in Indonesia. Being part of the team, you are required to design and develop company strategies for marketing and managing the execution. The CMO will be providing leadership in the marketing department. Other responsibilities include:
- Leading the marketing team in order to accelerate the business.
- Identifying, analysing and executing growth opportunities, especially in the digital space.
- Developing KPI oriented campaigns with the team.
- Leveraging data and analytics to drive insights.
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies, setting social media and coordinating the PR.
- Ensuring a reasonable marketing ROI, based on target growth.
- Planning and executing all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Managing affiliate growth, SEO strategy and plan.
- Supporting product development by bringing local insights and test the products in local market.
- Achieving and maintaining market leadership in the business.
- Executing a strong internal and external communications with all stakeholders to develop clear market positioning.
- Directing product development, communication, media, digital, social media campaign, lead generation, revenue retention and growth.
- Designing and developing offline and online / digital marketing strategies for Indonesia.
- Developing short-term and long-term plans and budgets for overall marketing programs to be in line with the company's objectives.
- Managing the marketing budget, and overseeing potential regional marketing operations.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is looking for a high caliber individual with an impressive track record in marketing, and also someone with an entrepreneur spirit. This role is only opened to Indonesian who had experience working in the local market, with preference in the e-commerce / start up background, or ideally an expatriate who is familiar with SE Asia region. Excellent English communication in both verbal and written is a must.
Other requirements include:
- At least 8 years of working management experience in the digital marketing, with MNC and starts-up experience is preferred.
- Master degree, or MBA from a top tier university is preferred, but Bachelor's from related degree is a must.
- Digital marketing experience is a must as more than 50% of the role requires this skill.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends etc).
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a great personality and ability to make decisions.
- Strong leadership with excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to set clear measurable objectives, delegate responsibilities, assesses, recognize and reward performance.
- Drive and hunger to achieve results Independent, self-starter and initiative, and the ability to work in fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Excellent business acumen and willingness to be hands-on, and work within tight deadlines.
- High commitment, motivation and flexibility.
What's on Offer
Besides being part of a company which experience tremendous growth, and a strong market presence in their origin country, other offers are:
- Excellent remuneration.
- Experience to be part of a newly set-up company in Indonesia with clear vision and mission.