You are here
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Internationally recognised Mobile App developer
Career growth and advancement opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a World Class Mobile App Developer using breakthrough technology, engineering excellence and Silicon Valley insight to provide mobile solutions.
The role is focused on personnel development, fostering and facilitating a culture and environment of continual learning and skill development, and providing support and direction maintaining a high standard of engineering excellence.
Delivering on all business critical initiatives, jointly sharing in the success of the business and helping drive and execute the strategic direction of the engineering department.
- Directly manage, lead and coach the engineering team Managers and Senior Engineers.
- Drive the direction of the engineering department as a whole and lead by example.
- Provide career progression coaching to engineering leaders
- Review and evaluate recommendations for software engineers
- Serve as a role model and leader to the Engineering Department
- Use expertise to develop and deliver training
- Foster a culture of learning and innovation
- Drive for high-quality results and push for excellence and continuous improvement
- Oversee the different stages of the development process with a focus on quality
- Provide expertise and direction.
- Continually monitor and review development process
- Understand project requirements
- Contribute to the story writing process with active listening skills.
- Estimate tasks (stories) within a sprint.
- Design and code high quality software.
- Test, debug, retest, and in coordination with QA, validate software.
- Contribute test cases to QA for inclusion in test plans.
- Perform code reviews for Engineering Managers.
- Interface with customers and prospects to ideate or elicit requirements
- Propose, elect and implement strategic initiatives in line with company goals.
- Improve and refine engineering processes and their efficiency.
- Take ownership of product direction, architecture and high-level design.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical or scientific field. Software engineering, computer science, or electrical engineering preferred.
- Experience positions as manager of managers at a prior technology company. e.g. CTO, Director / VP Engineering, CEO)
- Experience developing and leading engineering personnel.
- Posses excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Minimum 10 years of technical experience, and 7 years of management responsibility.
- Experience in building mobile products and scalable platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven communication skills in relaying initiatives, problems and resolutions
- Must be an excellent listener.
- Should be able to relay vision effectively and in an inspiring manner.
- Must be analytical, adept to problem solving, and have strong attention to detail.
- Proven record of solving difficult engineering and business problems.
Job Specific Skills
- Has demonstrated experience in building efficient engineering teams or departments, including Development and Quality Assurance.
- Bring tested methodologies and tools supporting iterative, agile development and testing.
- Must be able to foster technical innovation, thinking and excellence.
- Has fostered strong engineering and product management ties and processes.
- Experienced in organising and delivering on multiple projects, under dynamic and fast changing environments by distributed development teams in multiple time zones
- Has proven ability to grow an engineering team
- Ability to drive and contribute to product direction, architecture and high-level design.
- Ability to inspire, and advocate both business and customer stakeholders
- Manage external technology partnerships.
- Strong ability to nurture and grow talent.
- Ability to think strategically, work organisationally, and plan product evolution over time.
- Earns respect and loyalty through technical expertise.
- Proven techniques of motivating and inspiring individuals and teams.
- Ability to drive decisions to closure, as well as track their implementations.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to work in a World Class organisation.