You are here
Business Development Manager
- The client is one of the top IPP in the world
- Global energy player
About Our Client
The client is a global energy player and an expert operator in the three businesses of electricity, natural gas and energy services. The Group supports changes in society that are based as much on economic growth as on, social progress and the preservation of natural resources.
The Group provides individuals, cities and businesses with highly efficient and innovative solutions largely based on its expertise in four key sectors: renewable energy, energy efficiency, liquefied natural gas and digital technology.
Area of Responsibility:
- Support the Senior Business Developer for identification, analysis, development and approval of renewable (Solar PV, wind, hydro) power plant projects in line with the BEI strategy.
- Responsible for negotiating (part of) agreements with business partners
- Responsible for managing contracts with local advisors
- Responsible for working, liaising, communicating with government institutions and other Indonesian stakeholders focusing on regulatory requirements for socio-economic, environmental, land acquisition, technical and other local aspects necessary to facilitate project development.
- Provide support, evaluate and identify renewable opportunities and development projects (greenfields, acquisitions, mergers, sales, IPOs) which is in line with the company's general strategy and processes in Indonesia
- In the capacity of Business Developer in Jakarta office, you will be part of and work closely with multi-disciplinary specialists in legal, finance and technical disciplines (internal and external stakeholders)
In this capacity, you will be responsible for:
- Negotiating commercial terms of agreements with business partners (fuel supply agreements, land acquisition agreements, etc)
- Negotiating and managing contracts with local advisors of an environment and technical nature. Critically review all relevant elements and deliverable to achieve good quality results for meeting project requirement and ensures that all the team members are keep updated on project overview.
- Working, liaising, communicating with government institutions and other Indonesian stakeholders focusing on local national regulation requirements for socio-economic, environmental, land acquisition, technical and other local aspects necessary to facilitate project development and on prospective activities.
- Effectively cooperate and coordinate work with local partners
- You may be requested to contribute to any of the projects under development at the discretion of the office.
- Provide support on project development from lead to financial close. This includes responsibility for finalising documents such as MOUs, JDAs, PPA, shareholders agreement, EPC, service contracts and O&M arrangements etc.
- Prepare and participate in coordinating and updating the budgets and programs for the assigned projects.
- Follow, understand current regulatory framework of the power sector in Indonesia
- Together with the Senior Business Developer in charge, organise different steps and meetings of the BD Process and prepare the investment memoranda for the company's Energy International and the company's senior management approvals.
- Contribute and ensure that project development process abiding and following internal business development process of the company's Energy International.
- Analyse the project risk allocation using the company's Energy International methodology.
- Coordinate preparation of required BD project documentation, ensure its appropriate circulation and manage adequate archiving.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent command in spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia is mandatory.
- Knowledge of another Asian language is a plus.
- Minimum 7-8 years relevant working experience of which at least 4 years experience in international business transactions and project development and management.
- Previous experience in the development of energy projects in Indonesia in general is a must.
- Experience with technical, financial, economic and legal considerations of business transactions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (report writing and presentation abilities in English).
- Able to work independently will effectively interfacing with other team members
- Track record of ability to work in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams.
- Versatile and teamwork oriented
- Customer oriented.
- In-depth understanding on Indonesian working cultures.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software.
- Located in: Jakarta, Indonesia
- 30% Travel throughout Indonesia; 10% throughout the region.
- University education: Engineering or Applied Economics.
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE finalising documents such as MOUs, JDAs, PPA, shareholders agreement, EPC, service contracts and O&M arrangements etc.
What's on Offer
- Good attractive opportunity and salary package.
- Offers career progression within the company with the opportunity to work overseas